Two trips to the bottle depot while D was in Toronto, and I figure I have at least two more to go! Yes - secretly I am a hoarder :oP You've all seen the show. You guys all think we are this clean family but secretly I'm lazy and hide my bottles in my garage until I take them in. Snicker :oP Except now my garage is only half full ha ha!
We took our truck into get the hitch installed on it for the day when D was back on Thursday. I don't think I mentioned this before - but we bought a tent trailer. It's going to make for a summer filled of wonder and peace if a little girl will sleep silently in it. That's the plan - we figure at worst it will have paid for itself in two summers. It's a 2006 Flagstaff, only used a couple times. Sleeps 8 comfortably if we needed to. Lots of room for us and our dog Kayley. D went and picked up the trailer Friday early afternoon and its been sitting in our drive way since. Taunting us and calling us to the land of Away from here. If I hadn't been working my butt off for the sale I would have said yeah lets go and we would have been packed up and gone Friday afternoon in a heartbeat.
I've already done the minutes for next weeks year end dinner for the Parent Advisory that I am on. We had some last minute motions to carry out over emails which became interesting to say the least. In the end I think the decision was fair and justifiable. We raised money during the school year for the school; buses were needed to take the kids to the year end T&F Day at Foote Field - so we approved the monies towards the busing. Some people on the committee were willing to pay for half of a fee - at the same time we raised the money for it - so why wouldn't we use it. We still are leftover with money in the budget for next year. It's all good. :o)
I ran out and finally solved our printer issues (thanks to D's agreeance) - bye bye Brother! Hello HP - aren't they the same company? :oP It even has an auto sheet feeder and it does double sided pages - I feel so ohhh aaaaaahhhhh. I don't know, I feel spoiled using some fancy shmancy machine now :oP Our Brother machine hasn't been working for months and had become not an All-In 1 but a two in one. The only functions that hadn't ceased to work were outgoing faxes (as it didn't require the printer heads to work)and scanning stuff to file(which as you know doesn't require printing either). I have been using our Canon (photo printer) only in absolute instances where I had to print something. See, another technological advancement in our home, yey. Now all I need is a new PC or I'm going to download Sims 3 (wink wink nudge nudge, hun) to my Blackberry - speaking of crackberry I came up with a new BB slang-term that I thought some might like (watch someone else already came up with it years ago). I referred to myself as a 'crackberrian' like a librarian. My nose has been stuck in this thing since I got it; with motions being discussed and trying to discuss our plans for the 30th Anniversary Celebrations we are planning for early October it makes it so easier than turning on my PC every time I need to check (or minimize my game). I can look at my BB and trash the stuff I don't want to read until I want and I can respond to the here and now if I need to, very handy. Now if only I could stop leaving it places - it's going to disappear on me I know it.
We were back at t-ball last Tuesday and skipped out on Thursday to watch Fantastic Mr. Fox with the kids finally. It was an interesting caper - we loved it, D was not impressed by the smoking farmer and the subtle "cus" term that was utilized instead of stating the actual swear. I think there are Dreamworks and Pixar movies with worse references. Anyhow....now I want to see Date Night and Whip It next, both were funny ads at the beginning. We stayed up rather late and got most of the seedlings planted in the vegetable garden Friday night. Yahoo - I just have a few rows of lettuces to plant and if I have any room left I'll plant some other seeds.
What are the chances of a mango seed growing in Alberta soil? Any takers on this weeks complex conundrum? The kids and I had one for dessert while D was in Calgary and now have this giant orange seed-looking mango seed. I wonder if I plant it would it grow or would it be a complete waste of time?
Five hours of garage sale yesterday - starting setup up at 9am - which I found difficult as we didn't get to bed until 1am and Madison and Stirling were both up twice. I barely made it out of bed just before 8am to have a shower load up the truck and get to the hall; albeit almost and hour late (for setup), but I still managed to set up and have time to run back home to grab a few things before it began at 10am. Now to plan for a garage sale of our own - I have many none baby items that could be way of the doe doe here too. However, I now have much more of that baby stuff to work into said sale than anticipated.
D and Stirling are canoeing today leaving Madison and I to a girls day that will mostly consist of running around I couldn't do yesterday. I have a few things I need to get to ensure the sustainability of our garden. I still only have one lady signed up for my Gum Paste & Fondant class that is supposed to begin Wednesday, so if by some miracle I get some signing up this weekend I will have to cancel it, seeing if I can shuffle her into the evening class. The timing just isn't right - I thought I might pick up some more stay-at-home types like me looking for a break, but I guess not. I'm still waiting for my marketing stuff to arrive from Wilton, so maybe I can promote it better outside of Michael's as their marketing isn't doing me any good. I also made another batch of mini brownies making one the previous week as well - I promised another to D as Stirling ate most of the last batch before he returned from his trip to Calgary leaving dad with roughly 2 or three to sample. Bad Stirling :o( D thinks they are so great he wants to use them for his lunch and learn presentations or when he needs to send a thank you to a client. See many opportunities are arising in this little business of mine

No comments:
Post a Comment