May 25, 2010

I'm eyeing my blog dashboard with fear and angst; all on account of feeling like I've typed far too many things already today :o( Who knew I would feel so compelled to pour my heart out to CP's just for a little survey and a 15% coupon :oP Bet you thought it was something prolific didn't you hee hee. Both S & M I said that in my head first and have thus far have decided to never to refer to my children as such in the future. HAA haaha ahha That is so bad and terrible. Sorry the reference of this only comes as I usually refer to David as D in my posts on most occasions. I mostly have always referred to my kids by their full names and after that little ingenue (I probably used the word incorrectly)I will still do so, and will never reduce them to letters to save time again. So there :oP
Now where was I....Stirling and Madison have both experienced large growth spurts in the past month and basically needed new wardrobes. So whatever I didn't find at Zeller's I went to CP's to pick up the remaining things. I got a note to complete a survey for a discount and a chance to win $1000! I say heck yeah! Sorry; I think I have composed myself again.
Now that the kids are resettled I can blog some more.

What a rainy miserable weekend with a little snow (Madison's choice of clothing on the weekend), but we wouldn't be in Alberta on the long weekend now would we? D and Stirling didn't get to go canoing on Saturday as planned; the weather was just too awful. D took Stirling to his first theatre movie. Wow! What a big guy he's becoming; although near the end he was getting antsy. They went to see How to Train Your Dragon; not the 3-d version as we are concerned that D might suffer a massive migraine or worse seizure watching this version. Shrek was sold out everywhere. Madison was supposed to have a nap while they were gone, but lately they have been shorter or non existent all together. She was up earlier than expected so we went to Zeller's to start our "wardrobe replacing". The previous weekend I had already gotten her new sandals and a bathing suit, we found a nice new sun hat, and a sun dress. PJ's for both of them, and some more undergarments for Madison. I think that as of late the pull-ups have been our downfall. I haven't quite had enough pairs to get her through an entire week and was subbing the pull-ups when we ran out. Except she has been lazy when she has them on; not really using the potty at all. So I bought more and more on Sunday too; hopefully twelve will be the magic number. I got lucky yesterday and found a bathing suit for Stirling.
I think I bought myself a nice replacement for my purse; although my purse not falling apart would have made me happiest. :o( I loved (love) my purse. I have become one of the technologically knowledgeable again. I upgraded my phone to a BlackBerry :o) I had removed the texting capablities on my old phone and introduced it as my glorified phone booth and nothing more. Now I can keep up with D and text him instead of emailing his BB. I chose red so it wouldn't be mistaken for his. As much as I tried, pink is just not for me, and the brushed silver was just drab.
I went for my blood work to check my iron levels again. I hope I can stop taking these supplements; they upset my system terribly. Also when the results get back my next question will be - and what are we going to do about my heart??!! This past week or so its been bothering me quite a bit. But my issues pale in comparison to D's recent diagnosis. He finally went for his MRI results and has been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis, which can hit him at any point in his life the doctors cannot pin point when. Could be next year could be forty years from now and could be never. His symptons right now haven't been as severe as when he had his lung operation in January and we are being optimistic that the bleb on the lung was aggravating his disorder. We think it was caused when he played football in high school and should have been diagnosed with it then. Not twenty five years after the fact. At the same time other things could have cause it as well. It's a pretty grim prognosis if he progresses. At the same time we are really trying to look at this from the positive information we have read and we will make sure we enjoy our time together to its fullest and we will travel that road when it comes if ever it does.
On a happier, more silly note, D'Artgnan's 11th Birthday was Thursday. I didn't intend to make a cake for him. I just wanted to make a cake for us to eat. Lemon with lemon filling. Yummy, something for the warmer weather. Anyhow, I ahd a ton of icing and I can't seem to just ice a cake anymore. I always feel the need to use up the rest of the icing doing borders etc. I also had lettering icing left in the fridge, so jokingly (because Stirling was really into the whole idea of making the cake for him; candles included, of which I agreed to two - they look like the #11 :o) )I put Happy Birthday on the cake - a good way to practice my shaky lettering skills. Who cares - it all tastes the same to us right? We all got into the spirit of the occassion and also offered cake to Kayley who gobbled it up with no hestitation and Aramis and himself who seldom eat people food to begin with. Aramis had a lick of the lemon filling and D'Artagnan had a bit of icing and the rest went to waste - for shame. But what did I expect from two finicky cats? It was all in the fun of the moment anyway.


Here is a better shot of Stirling's t-ball game on Tuesday (he's the one on the left (of the right group) that you can see clearly); we stayed home on Thursday as the weather was awful all day and was calling for thundershowers in the evening. Lucky too that we stayed home; not even fifteen minutes into the game came a huge downpour that lasted for hours! Then a thunderstorm rolled in briefly before the game would have ended. The coaches refused to call the game before hand on account of the weather. I feel sorry for the families that got caught in that weather. The coaches response was...ahhh we'll play until we have to call it on account of the weather. Maybe next time you should pay attention to Environment Canada and also pay attention to the weather at the time too....hmmm...I'm no expert or anything here guys :o( This comment in no is meant to offend said Coaches, but why would you put families through that? It was a long walk from the field to where you had to park that night. Poor poor people :o( We were nice and dry and had cake instead, earlier than we had planned. I got more mosquito bites Tuesday at that game in two hours than I can ever recall getting at camp a a kid or anywhere for that matter. It was so hot for so many days - no rain; we couldn't understand why there were so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment