May 17, 2010


With all the lovely pictures of spring blossoms on all the blogs I read, I can finally post my own; as our apple tree was finally in full bloom this morning.
Can I say that spring is here to say; I hope! I will not put away the winter clothes and boots until after the long weekend, I don't want to jinx anything. I think I may have caused the last dump of the white stuff. The day before I put away the snow boots :o( Please don't hate me - I promise to never forget I live in Alberta ever again, tee hee hee.
What a beautiful weekend to live in the back yard and garden and just enjoy the weather. Saturday we took the kids to the fair; Stirling mostly, he went on so many rides. We ate a ton of cotton candy and mini donuts to tie us over until it comes back during Canada Day. It will be at another mall in town for this long weekend. At least we get it for a bit. It's more our pace; less crowded and no drinking unlike the X.
I worked on meeting minutes on Friday for this weeks meeting, and finalized them today. D and I plan to get out to a movie tonight; I have an airmiles reward certificate that needs to be used before the 19th. I know it's cutting it short, hey I think the last movie we went and saw was the latest Die Hard movie. We rent when we can; more conveniences.
T-ball Thursday was good from the brief moments I saw. I spent this game in the park that Madison refused to leave only long enough for me to get Stirling's water from the truck. She was obsessed with the spiral slide; up the ladder and down the slide for two hours mostly. I tried to swing with her, boy did I feel instantly queasy, my stomach went lurch on the reverse motion of swinging. What in the world; I used to ride roller coasters and the gravitron without batting a lash. Another malady I blame on having been pregnant. So many things make me nauseous that never would have in the past; it's the only thing I can link the symptoms to.
I'm slowly getting my garden in order both floral, and the vegetable garden we are starting new this year. I have seedlings started in the house. We planted peas on Sunday and plan to plant potatoes, carrots, and chard soon; among others on the long weekend. I have pretty much weeded my rose bed and my flower beds beside the house and beside the deck. I plan to go to buy corn plants, larger tomato plants and sunflowers from the nursery soon too. We have big visions for our garden this year.
I promise to get some better shots next game that doesn't have park. Here's one D took.

He's the one in the middle with blue jeans on.

No comments:

Post a Comment