Where to start....it's been so hectic, even with t-ball being cancelled last week due to our lovely blizzard that arrived the morning we had the volunteer appreciation breakfast at Stirling's school. Dave was sick so I went - my mom watched the kids, and I got to have some pastries and tea, although no one that I truly hang out with parent wise from school were there so I hung around committee members. They seem like a nice bunch for the short periods we attend meetings, but most are on the outs with their children finishing grade six in June :o) I am also having issues recruiting anyone for the committee for next year - doesn't anyone care what this school has in store for our children? That's where I am seeing the benefits of being on all these committees.
To add to my collection of hats I am now Vice President and Field Trip Organizer for Madison's playschool, tee hee hee. I think I need some dividers for my binder to keep all these straight. At least next week is the last of the parent committee meetings with school until the new school year begins. Registered for playschool for September - yahooo, I'm so glad Madison has been showing more interest in potty training again; she gets a cold and seems to lose interest. She's been so super-good this week, no accidents even going out of the house, woot! The only catch with this playschool business is the newest rule of being three by September 1 - which she won't be until September 22. I assumed and from previous years that they would follow the EPSB requirements - three by March 15 or something. I discussed the matter with the school, and we have decided to prorate the time there until she actually attends, she will only miss three classes and will still attend the initial orientation day. I would like to discuss with the teacher about possibly staying with her on those three days so she can make some friends before her birthday. It would be nice to see if she has made any connections with other kids her age that could be considered to attend; aside from the usual friends and family that come every year. She really needs the exposure with other kids her age.
I've had cake projects over the past three weekends and am going to enjoy not doing any this weekend for a change of pace. You'll have to go to my cake blog later to see pics; that's my next post after this one :oP I'm a little behind what can I say. My course for Wilton has been postponed until June as I hadn't had any response. I really hope that the store is promoting these as they should to encourage sign-up. I plan to get into the store to fix the calendar by next week at the latest. I'm also thinking of doing some project classes as the demos are far between - I'll be doing one in July.
Stirling had his first official game last night. It's funny to watch the entire team clamor after the ball like they did - all I can say is eager, very eager. One kid cried every time he didn't get to throw the ball to first base. For a first game I think they all did remarkably well. I of course, forgot the camera; I had some really awesome visual pictures during the event, I wish I could share them with you. I was sitting behind the bench watching all these possibly future ball players little legs dangle, swinging to and fro.....tee hee hee.....still so little you know. We brought a soccer ball to keep Maddie happy - boy she could run with that, she totally understands the concept. However, I am having trouble convincing her that this big field is not the big field behind our house, and she cannot walk home. I will try to remember my camera Thursday - 20 and sunny yahoo, better than four inches of snow any day! He has his team photo shoot tonight before Dave and I rush off to the monthly community league meeting, and tomorrow is another game. Maybe Friday I will get to the parent committee minutes that I need for next week. And this was a more laid back week, I swear.
May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment