April 29, 2010

You are looking at the newest member on the Board of Directors for the Southwood Community League! Wow! A few of us formed a sub-committee with the Programs/Social committee director, assisting and combining our resources. I will also be one of the "Directors at Large" for Daly Grove; a voice within the school, ooohhhh :oP I am not sure what the DatL entitles yet; I've been told not a lot; which is good. I really want to focus on encouraging growth within the league especially in regards to programming and social aspects. Our city councillor was there too; which was interesting to hear what the city has planned for Millwoods going into an election pretty quick. We know more about plans on ongoing road projects etc. Now to get on the board at the playschool tonight :oP I see great plans for the future of our community, and I get to be part of it. I would like to be involved in the building director position too, but only if D is; he's too busy with his new job to be involved in this capacity at this time, maybe next year, but he still plans to come to the meeting next month. I'm kind of glad that I will only be doing Parent Council/Advisory for the meeting in May (our last for the school year), but I will certainly be there for the next school year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment