
You know I've always wondered where some of my fellow bloggers were getting these un-bland backgrounds for their blogs. I'm sure that by now you've guessed that I figured it out; thanks to Carrie's blog :o)
D was away last week until late Saturday night on a business trip in Banff with the AAA. He got many leads and impressed the long time rep from Van with his repore and his already compiled acquaintances in the industry.
I myself have been busy preparing myself for more cake work. Playing office, and now going through some latest training sessions online with Wilton.
I've also been trying to track down a community oriented dance program for Madison, but at this time it sounds like nothing would be available until September again. There is always another Parent and Tot swim lesson this summer for us hopefully and for Stirling, once finished t-ball at the end of June, will start swim lessons on his own again.
The end of last week I had another cake project on the go, for the VAA's 25th Anniversary. I was very touched that my mom trusted me to take on such a project. It's a good thing I can trace and colour :oP. Buttercream transfers are getting more simple each time I do one. I think it turned out really well, and if you haven't already seen the final result you can follow the link to my other blog River City Treats to have a peek (see left side for link). The feedback from the other people at the event was very positive, and I could see some other work come out of it which will be great.
I also got a call from my Baking Bingo winner to prepare another honourable cake. I will be making a 'Welcome Home' cake for her husband whom will be returning from Afghanistan this Saturday. I get butterflies just writing about it. Honestly I can say this is the first person I have met that has had someone over there. I'm happy that he is coming home to his family in one piece, even though I really don't know them.
This week is seeming busier than last. So many meetings and committees to get involved with this week. Our community leagues AGM is tomorrow night, and I have been asked to help with the social committee. Preschool registration for Madison is Thursday night, and they will be electing the board for that as well, which I would really like to be involved with.
Thursday also is Culture Day for Stirling at school. He is supposed to talk about his family heritage, traditions, etc. Well, hmmm, he's a fourth generation Canadian. Hmmm, hockey, maple syrup, curling (yich), I find it difficult to decipher exactly what is truly Canadian anymore. What hasn't ben commercialized or monopolized by some big corporate American or Asian company? Look at those American's who forced my ancestors (original Pennsylvania Dutch (Duetsche))to leave and immigrate to Canada so long ago (on my dad's side). Hershey could have made us rich if we hadn't been forced away, at gun point, from the farmland they owned, I'm sure. My great grandparent's on my mom's side immigrated from England in the late 1800s and mostly settled in Saskatchewan and BC. I've been collaborating with other family members trying to compile a really detailed family tree. I don't know if the link will work, but it's worth a try. I never knew this or at least don't remember this - my grandmother on my dad's side was one of ten children (between 1931-1948), that's a child every two years. Wow! Maybe that's why I secretly want my soccer team, but at the same time I know mentally I would be beyond overwhelmed; drugged to keep me sane. One little leaguer and my dancer are more than enough. :oP
Stirling will be playing at a friend's after school Thursday for a bit before the registration and Friday is his first t-ball practice, lucky us, they are calling for wind and rain :o( Where is our nice weather from last week? The wind just makes me want to stay inside.
Pam brought the kids over to play and lunch before heading to a matinee yesterday. What a disaster in Stirling's room, lol! Madison got be dressed up most of the morning, but she insists she had fun. Stirling doesn't have his PD until Friday, so I'm sure it will be an extra long day for him, as I am planning a trip back to the doctor's to have my iron rechecked; I've been having arrhythmia again (i'm sure I spelled that wrong) that isn't going away all the time. I'm also not really sure if the change in my BCP has helped either. I guess I'll let the so-called expert share his useless opinion again - maybe someday they will figure it out and quit running so many tests that seem to get us no where. I plan to prep my cake for Saturday's deadline when I get back, nap for Maddie (hopefully) from 1-3 (perfect time to knead some fondant) and t-ball at 6, busy busy busy.
Well I have to run so I can get my last Wilton session done and my self assessment emailed to my supervisor before I take Stirling to school at 12:30.

No comments:
Post a Comment