April 08, 2010

Last week while Stirling was on spring break we tried to do as much as possible, with all my cake planning and all. We all went to RAM on Thursday morning, unfortunately we all be came hungry after looking at the animal dioramas on the main floor we decided to eat in the RAM restaurant - what a mistake that was. $8.99 for a sandwich!!! But what do you do - we were planning on hitting a Mr.Sub after our trip, anyhow....It was a lot of fun; Stirling really enjoyed his trip, especially after feeling let down from his short trip to the Discover Room at the RAM to learn about dinosaurs with school; he didn't get to see the rest of the museum. Madison and I hung out in the DR's boot room shall we say. She had no interest in going into the rock and bug section which I love, humph. They both loved the Munsch exhibit; they've grown up on Robert Munsch, I think we have all of his books come to think of it:oP It was a good way to spend the day; we stopped by the Ukrainian Bookstore on our way home to pick up the dyes and tools that we needed to work on our eggs for Easter. We picked up a couple extra tools so Stirling could experience this too - his first time. Dave and I have been doing it for so many years. Here are our creations that we did on Saturday.

David is very good at it!

I can never seem to fill in the piece evenly.
Stirling did very well for his first time, but couldn't quite understand the idea of starting with the lightest dyes first. Still really great; very artsy if you ask me.

There are yellow, red, purple and green squiggles on that egg :oP
Madison wasn't quite ready for this style, we thought it best for her to use good old non-toxic crayolas, which in the end was a good choice - she new the egg was cooked and kept putting it in her mouth, yick!

Here is a shot of the collection of eggs, only a couple of them weren't actually done by us - I had no luck finding pussy willow branches for our Easter tree this year:o( I did find a weeping pussy willow tree that Safeway was selling for $20, but I wasn't sure how hardy it would be here in Alberta; the florist assured me it was like a rose - burlap for three years in the colder months.

When I finally decided it was my last option, I went back to find all the blossoms had bloomed into big fuzzy things with yellow hairs sprouting everywhere...not so pretty. So in the end I opted for a nice flower arrangement, and plan to seek out my own pussy willow plant to grow in my yard, so I won't have to worry about the season not being right or whatever it was this year. The lilies just opened yesterday - the colour is beautiful.

My mom brought an Easter Lily as a gift on Sunday; it is beautiful and the fragrance that is around my house these days is wonderful. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment