March 22, 2010

Well I avoided the public for the third weekend in a row, this time as I was finally the one to come down with something. I am feeling so trapped I spent yesterday baking, you know me, as usual. I tried out a recipe for cinnamon buns, similar to my moms, but I left out the raisins and optional pecans. D doesn't like raisins nor does Stirling. They turned out really well, it was a bread machine started dough which made the prep time a little simpler. Between the four of us there is one left :oP I'm not sure how that happened - for once it wasn't me. LOL
I am fighting the cough that Stirling has finally almost managed to shake, dad and Madison still coughing too, I think Madison is close to the end, it's been a good one, nagging cough. Sounds like alot of kids and teachers have had this bug. I've never been a cougher though; since I had bronchitis as a kid, not so much.
Going to back to my valentine's day waffle disaster; airmiles bought me a new waffle iron. Whoot! Thank you Airmiles! It's even a Cuisinart, and beeps when the waffle is done, although Dave thinks the timer is off. I have yet to use it; I've been handling the bacon :oP So brunch yesterday we had waffles, yum!
Sorry about all the food talk, some blog's I was reading got me started.
Trying to catch up on house cleaning and laundry that I didn't make time for on the weekend. I am already four loads in and just only finished the darks, yikes.
As there hasn't been much on tv lately or atleast when we could catch it we have resulted in watching it on our measily little pc screens! Santa brought us a big *** tv for Cmas and we watch our little 19" monitors, something is wrong with this picture! No? At the same time; we've managed to watch that new Kids in the Hall series, funny stuff! The Informant we saw during the week and we also watched GI Joe Saturday night; not the best, but not the worst either I suppose; left things open for future prequel trilogy crap, hopefully it gets better. We finished watching all of Season 1 of Breaking Bad, awesome show - so dark and prophetic. Anyhow, it's a show not for everyone, I suppose - not everyone wants to watch a lung cancer stricken chem teacher try to look out for his family after he's gone by producing and selling meth, it's a screwed up series, but mind blowing, kind of like World's Greatest Dad - screwed up but wow. We also been watching recent episodes of Mercer Report and One Ocean on the Nature of Things (very intriguing)
Right now I am working up the nerve to work on submitting a photo for the current Rietman's contest the "Shapeover Challenge".
I need to read the rules and regulation thoroughly to make sure I submit what they are wanting.
Stirling got his second progress report card today; sounds like he's doing quite well. He needs to work on his scissor skills; he doesn't cut straight enough, and he chooses to be unconventional and use colours that aren't always meant to be used when colouring (I didn't know there were limitations in art)but not all the time oh know he's being an artist, so I'm really not concerned. He also needs to concentrate more in gym class and share the equipment more, but isn't a huge problem, good. He loves to share his knowledge of a topic (is that good or bad?), overall he had a very good report boasting his progress I think. Wednesday is student led conferences (isn't that spelled wrong?) and a book fair which make for a an interesting evening; Stirling will be showing us his progress and including us in an activity. :o) Can't wait!
Dave is still looking for a job, or still waiting for something to happen with the prospective one he's had an interview and test so far with. They are currently trying to set up a meeting with some higher powers out east for a teleconf. We are keeping our fingers crossed as we just found out David has been rejected for EI; (that I don't want to get into at this time - thanks former employer and misinformed EI employee). It has great career potential, hopefully he'll hear something soon.
Last night was a series on the SAS pretty neat - something D is watching on YouTube, tonight is Just For Laughs. Fringe is still in reruns and I think tomorrow will be Up in The Air, I can't wait to have a social life outside the house again, ha ha. Back to disinfecting tomorrow and baking cookies maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment