October 12, 2009
Why is it that when something goes, it all goes? I already had it in my mind to go search for an age appropraite Halloween costume for Madison this weekend. Unfortunately, that trip was yesterday. Amazingly, many people had it in their minds to shop yesterday too. Is it Christmas? What was with the 50 people in the check-out lines at the Dollare Store?! (I put my two items back (admittedly not where they belonged - forshame I know)and plan to try again mid week) In the past week I also discovered (when it snowed) that a) his boots are now two sizes too small and b) his snowsuit is a few inches short at every angle! So other items to purchase were these on our trip. Thank you Zeller's for providing separate pants and coats this year, but do you think you could have sold the same sizes in both? Or even something that went with the only pair of size 6 snowpants I could find? Of course not! And what is with $40+ winter boots that my son will only be able to wear for one season, most likely? And from Zellers! Anyhow, after running to another store to see that, yes they had snowsuits, but for $70 and up; the one that didn't look feminine was made by Columbia and was over $130! Like I would pay that for something that may only be used for one winter, I think not! I ended up buying boots from Payless for the same price but better quality and still have yet to get a snowsuit. Madison is all decked out minus a treat bag (thank you $Store)at least. At the same time; when we got to the mall Madison's car set harness won't release! So screwing around with that fiasco coming and going. Thank you to guy in the minivan who couldn't have parked two more stalls over to allow a mother in distress still trying to get her child into a broken car seat to continue!! Excuse me while I shut the door and move out of your way to park, and then hey allow me to move again when you decide I'm in your way so your girlfriend could get out. Which I'm not sure if I was or wasn't - but he should have parked elsewhere. Our hour "trip" took three hours and we didn't come home with much. Except a grumpy girl who should have been down for a nap two hours before we got home, and a trip to Fort Saskatchewan to my mom's for a great Thanksgiving meal - that was brief as neither kids would behave. Thanks mom for a great dinner, sorry we couldn't have stayed longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment