October 26, 2009

I have only just begun to prepare for this weekends Halloween Party. I also have to make Stirling's costume this week. I ordered him a hoodie from Sears that resembles a skeleton. He has had his mind set on this costume for months - no thanks to Scooby-doo I'm sure. Madison's costume is already taken care of, yahoo. I'm still debating cutting my hair to look like Billy Idol's for the party; I'm already going for the 80's Punk look.
Family pictures were on Saturday. I would say the level of stress for us was less than last time we went. We just go to the Sears Portrait Studio, but this time I chose a less eventful location. The other one was right next to the toy department, which always caused a big fight between us and Stirling in the past. This year our location was by the baby department. I never thought I would have to worry about that one, but Madison turns out likes to shop! Ha Ha Ha Once again the kids were dragged out to the truck mostly kicking and screaming while I made the final photo decisions. They will be here by Remembrance Day and I would say they turned out great. During the actual pictures the kids were a hoot and had the photographer and us in stitches, but the waiting is what didn't bode so well.
Stirling's trip to Prairie Farms last Monday was brief. A long trip shortened by delayed busing and poor planning if you ask me. I understand that this trip was booked last school term, but it should have been a day trip not an hour or so. They had no chance of enjoying the maze and only got to see half of a puppet show. I would have been more than happy to have sent him with a disposable lunch. I am booking all the other field trips and understand the costs to the school and the lack of budget. The costs come out of the fees that the Kindergarten classes submitted at the beginning of the school year. It costs $120 each time a bus is needed. Most of these trips have group limitations making it impossible to combine the classes to halve the costs of transportation. I had just booked the Bread Lady for them (one for the morning and afternoon class), and had to cancel as the budget is already dwindling. All of the trips were predetermined by the teachers, I just schedule them and arrange transportation. We are also cutting another trip that was to be booked next year to save some there. Got to loathe cut backs - thank you not government!
Stirling was at a Fred Penner concert this morning, lucky duck. I was jealous as were some other parents and teachers including the principle. I remember Fred Penner's Place, and the log he climbed through to sing you some songs. He kind of was a replacement for the Friendly Giant that wasn't gracing us on the tv anymore. He says he had a good time.
I just found out that my order of supplies to make Stirling's Halloween Cookies for his class won't be here until the 29th - thanks Wilton! My order said ship Canpar October 14 and they didn't send it out of Toronto until the 23rd, argh! Maybe I should order my Christmas stuff now. Heh heh heh
I'm getting anxious about teaching my course next month, the word is that it's full but we shall see. The other word is that the person relaying the information may have been brushing the other off as the store was busy. I will be going and getting my own answer tomorrow, when Stirling is back at school at a normal time.
I still have to get to the dollar store to get some more treat bags. I'm one short for the bags Stirling and I made up for his class on Sunday. He also helped me decorate while Dave installed the flooring in the closet in our bedroom! Yahoo, no more plywood! I love it!
Sorry to back up a bit the kids came down with a 24hr thingy - probably from McDonald's Monday afternoon/evening after the Prairie Gardens trip, I was off too by Wednesday but just for the evening, it seems to come and go. None of us have coughs or fevers - maybe we should start to avoid take out. Hmmmmm Saturday night I wasn't feeling well, well into Sunday morning, after I got back from an evening out. I was fine all evening until about 5amish on Sunday, so I didn't take Madison to swimming on Sunday just in case. I have felt fine sine Sunday morning pretty much. I didn't drink either when I went out on Saturday so who knows what did it besides indigestion.
We sat down last night and watched Monsters vs. Aliens. very funny, and I can understand that rating. However, making Stirling believe the rating is an entirely different game plan. It was another too violent movie for a kid his age to watch on his own. I am also thankful he finally gave up on asking to watch Race to Witch Mountain again, way too violent.
I'm mentally figuring out how to make Stirling's costume right now and feel the need to draw some templates of bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment