October 01, 2009

What a busy month! My Tupperware party was a success, I would say. The dealer wants me to join her team. I have no time! I attended the school committee meeting on the 15th and was elected to Vice Chair! I was just there to check things out; see what this committee was all about. When it came to elections they looked at me to see if I wanted to run for each position. It was rather frustrating and I made them aware that I was only there to observe. In the end as no one was able to fill the not-so-involved position. I only have to do anything if the Chair is unable to attend a meeting, which is only one a month. However, it is going to run along side with Beavers. So one Wednesday evening a month Stirling and Madison are going to be "babysat" by a bunch of inexperienced sixth graders while I attend a meeting. I hope it is much shorter as the first meeting took almost two hours. If this is the case we will get home with enough time to eat and take him to Beavers. I'm glad both are so close that we can walk. I'm also glad this isn't a weekly event. In the end I am glad to see things from a different perspective and understand what the school has planned with regards to bettering our children's education.
I will hopefully begin teaching the Fondant and Gumpaste course for Wilton at Michael's next week; if my instructor's training manual shows up sometime this week.
Madison's birthday was lots of fun. The kids played while the adults hung out, and then we had a really wonderful cake.

Stirling's preschool teacher from last year had a baby girl on the 17th, sweet little Claudia! We officially met her yesterday, aside from a brief encounter at school last week in the parking lot. Welcome little Claudia!
I was supposed to be leaving on a trip back east with David on Sunday, but his mill trip schedule is very tight and they don't want the wives to stray from the group. So I'm not going. I'm not using Airmiles to fly four hours to golf and hang out on mill tours for three days. If I went I had planned to attend my Grandfather's birthday for dinner that Sunday, but the flight schedule doesn't have us arriving until too late in the evening and we would need to be back in Montreal so we could attend to the mill trips itinerary as they want us to Monday morning.
Madison and I start our parent and tot swim lesson on the morning of the 4th so I guess we won't miss our first class. Stirling has the 5th off as well, so whomever would be watching them would have to handle the kids until Thursday.
My mother in-law moved into a seniors facility in Riley with her "man". Still haven't seen her since February and hardly hear from her either. Which is sad for the children's sake.
Back to more school things, I've been dealing with scheduling the Kindergarten's field trips as well as getting the buses organised (I volunteered for this on Meet the Teacher night). And at some point I am supposed to be helping out with a cooking project with the class.
This month the kids have a trip to Prairie Gardens to see a pumpkin patch, Fred Penner and a trip to the Fire Station. They have a Bear, Book and Blanket assembly next Friday.
This month I also have my 80's themed Halloween Party to organize. If anyone has some great ideas for decorating or appetizers let me know, any idea is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment