March 10, 2009

Don't you just hate it when a website requires you to write something lengthy, but when you send it something times out and everything you typed is gone?? I do; I just tried to enter for a trip to Ireland with a friend that required a short essay. I hit send and it hiccuped somewhere along the way. Is it worth rewriting, I don't know, I can never seem to write as well as or get my point across as well as I do on the first go around. Maybe when I stop being annoyed with the entire situation I will.
Man life has been long and relentless lately. D and I have been in the process of rewriting our mortgage to save ourselves from the inevitable. When we bought this house it was with the intent that I would still have a well-paying full time job. I haven't had a full-time job since six months gestation with Madison. I also cannot get past the daycare fees to make it worth my while to return until Stirling is in school full-time, which won't be until grade one. Stirling will be starting Kindergarten in the fall at Daly Grove, but it's only half days. I don't have anyone locally to rely on during the day that could care for them either which is really frustrating.
I have mother-in-law who said she would be back in three days; which was back in the middle February; she has yet to return. If only she could see the blindness that her so called "friend" is causing her. He's using her for what very little money she has all the while making her live in squaller in some shanty-mobile home in Bruce; god help us that they might have water and power running to it by now. This issue has been eating away at all of us since last fall. We've offered so many opportunities to assist her in finding a more manageable lifestyle and she accepts it only to return to what she doesn't need. What makes it more aggravating is she sits here with us telling us the crap she shouldn't be dealing with at her age (almost 65) but she still goes back. She's given up her livelihood and her well-being to cater to this mans every whim. What an awful mess!
The height of stress in me with everything that is going on is almost exploding. My mother's husband is not doing well. He was having trouble swallowing back in December and finally went to see the doctor about it in February I think it was. Leave it to a man to leave everything until its too late. He is also a cancer survivor, so the lump in his throat could be detrimental. He went for some tests and finally had a biopsy done yesterday of his throat and his stomach, the surgeon says it looks suspicious, so I am worried about this and how it's affecting my mom. My dad died from cancer when I was fifteen and I am so weary that history is about to repeat itself.
My Grandmother's 80th birthday was last week, and my mom was supposed to travel out to BC for an open house the family was having on Sunday. She did go, as his trip to the surgeon for assessment wasn't until yesterday. She came back on Saturday and missed the party. R was having problems with his heart last week and ended up in emergency, with the doctors saying his throat wasn't allowing him enough oxygen to breath properly. He's doing a little better now, but now has to wait for results. All this waiting is ridiculous, meanwhile if he is sick and needs treatment we won't know until the 23rd. Whatever it is I hope for everyone's sanity and health that it is treatable. I wish him and my mom all the best, but at the same time feel like I should be doing or saying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment