February 03, 2009

As I listen to my daughter scream through another nap time; I'm trying very hard not to let it bother me. I put her down around one-thirty-ish; she's up at 5am and doesn't sleep very well for her morning nap either, which confuses me to no end, because she acts exhausted and grumpy when I do put her for a nap. It's now 2 and she slept for maybe twenty minutes. She doesn't need a change, or food, I'm at a loss. Yesterday my mom was over for coffee and she only had a twenty minute nap then too, but I let her cry it out and she eventually went back to sleep. I don't like doing it, listening to her scream bloody murder isn't my idea of mental or emotional fun for anyone. She's not getting her recommended 12-14 hours of sleep and its showing.

Argh my monitor crapped out today; it worked fine this morning and now I can't get the darn thing to do anything besides having the power light come on. D's monitor did this in 2007 just before the warranty ran out; I have the same monitor....and it's now no longer under warranty. My only option is to send it to the non-warrantied repair place (to be assessed for costs for the repair) in Toronto or somewhere in Quebec....hmmmm. Can we say inconvenient. I live in Alberta! Leave it to the manufacturer guy in California to ask which place is closer and more convenient for me???!!! UHHHH...neither...on the other side of our country, helloooo!!???? That's just ignorance on his part for not knowing that Alberta is north east of California but not that far east. I think I learned more about America as a kid in Canada then they learned about anyones history including their own. Ohhhh I could go on forever about that one.

I was just reading my gal pals blog and was thinking of all the places her and I were able to see as kids being stationed in Germany so many years ago. T - You know the piano skills are still there you just have to dig the file out of your brain and give it a "dusting off". :oP I can still do and I haven't played or owned a piano since Germany. I never made it that far in levels as I only took in grade five and six. I can still play some, but I'm no prodigy, lol. You and I should plan a weekend at a spa or something; I've got airmiles :oP I'd love to catch up :o)

Ahhhh, I think she is finally giving up on screaming again, yey, now being 2:20.

It's been an interesting few days. Stirling just got the toys back that go in his room today after having a big argument about picking them up last week. They were to go into the garbage, but of course most of the toys consisted of mostly my stuff (I'm not throwing that away thank you)that I had let him play with and most of the stuff he had gotten for Christmas and his birthday. He's still; however, grounded from movies until he stops being so obsessed with guns. If I take away all his movies that have reference to guns, most of his Pixar and Disney movies would be confiscated. I've been told it's a guy thing, but when he starts saying the words kill in a sentence it's time to take a break. As I've been told he's not the only little boy like that, so I am not alone, but it's still unnerving to hear.

I'm feeling stretched to my limits lately, mentally and would love to disappear somewhere for a weekend it would be nice. I wish I could find a firm that would want to pay me 50G a year to do some design work for them, but I just can't stand the thought of having the two of them in daycare. 50G would make it worth while; play money after the daycare fees are taken care of. I figured that PTI would have had to pay me double my salary for me to return to work last September, which is just not feasible. I'm not going to work full-time to only bring myself a few measly hundreds, what good is that, besides depleting the time I have to enjoy my small children. Another two years I think is what we figured would work best; but when we bought this house it was with the idea that I would be working, not just using one income. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out. I would love mad money, but I don't have the resources to do it. I don't have anyone I can rely on for daytime sitting other than the daycare which will run me almost 2G a month.

Enough about me for now. I think I'm done rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment