I know its been awhile, but I've just been too exhausted to be bothered lately. Christmas pretty much from the start was a flop. The night before our Christmas party at our home, Madison and I came down with the Norovirus. By Sunday Stirling was sick and so was David's mom who was out visiting her "man" friend. David was rather ill by Christmas Eve. We cancelled dinner at my mom's that Sunday; and I basically made a turkey dinner for myself. David stared at his plate wishing he had the appetite to eat; Stirling only ate turkey, and, well, Madison ate everything, but she's too young to appreciate the efforts I put into dinner. Aside from that, Christmas was nice, calm and relaxing; very intimate between the four of us, especially with both kids into it. Although I have to work on Madison's wrapping skills, she's not too sure what to do, gifts are new to her, her first Christmas she was alert and paying attention but that was about it :o)
Thankfully Madison has started sleeping better at night, but has decided that 5am is the time to get up every morning. Talk about being exhausted; I try to when I can, lay down when she has her morning nap; however, by 6:30 she's ready to go down, but only naps for an hour, and then wants to sleep again around 10ish ( her only nap should be at 9 until about 10:30); keep in mind she still has to have an afternoon nap while Stirling is at preschool, usually 1-3. We can't for the life of us keep her up past 7; we've tried many times, but she's done, completely spent for the evening very close to 7. She loves her schedule in the evening; its hard to move her dinner time later so David can sit with all of us when he has to work later or gets stuck on the Whitemud. Stirling is fine with change he's resilient.
Ahhh, preschool; can't believe the first week back and the kids are both sick, and have been trying to get rid of terrible colds since. David is still sick too. I've come down with a milder case, but I don't have time to be sick, right?
We did manage to get to my mom's on the 4th as the dinner we had rescheduled for my birthday was a terribly cold and a bad day to drive so we stayed home. Mom made a ham on the Sunday following and it was great. My mom had made me a cake that was supposed to be eaten on Wednesday, so it wasn't in the best of shape anymore, regarding the icing. It was really yummy, and I felt bad for all the effort my mom put into it to have it look the way it did a few days later. I love the way it was supposed to look regardless. We also exchanged presents from Christmas; and had exchanged gifts with David's mom earlier that day as she had finally made it back to our place to stay until she left on the 16th again.
David and I got a ton of movies, and we have been trying to watch what we can, when we have the energy. We watched all of the first disk of Swingtown, which I love! Makes me want to have poker/rumoli parties again; minus the group orgies in the basement I guess, lol! My only problem is most of my friends don't live in the city, so I'm not too sure if something like that could take place. Just watched Batman Begins last night and can't wait to watch Dark Knight tonight.
Madison got a little pull-sled for Christmas from Santa, and I finally got a chance to pull her across the field to preschool with Stirling straggling in his snow pants behind me; thank god for warmer days. The first time was a literal drag;, I thought the snow would be more packed across the field to school, but it wasn't; it is now though; huff, huff, huff. I was sweating like made by the time we made it across the field. I felt bad; Stirling and his classmates were going out for a crazy carpet ride that afternoon for gym. Here and I had already worn him out, cold and all. Oops! It was much easier going this week, but now we are back in the land of -30 windchills, so its back to driving around the block again.
I'm feeling good about myself even more these days. I finally got a much needed trim with some money I got for Christmas, and I also got a new jacket and handbag, so I feel a lot more with the times again., and a little more sexier :oP My license expired on my 32nd birthday and I finally got to retake the photo for it! Yahoo! Nothing like looking nothing like your picture - short, pixie hair cut and glasses I don't own anymore. I hardly where my glasses when I am out; I love contacts, and it's one less thing that Madison can yank off of my face. She still, however, loves to pull hair, grandma's glasses, grab - pinch and scratch fall under this category, and my all time favorite - biting. Occasionally, she will go after my hoop earrings, but she's been pretty good about it. Unfortunately, for Stirling, she still loves to pull his hair the most; I think because it's there for her; closer to her level, especially when he almost never sits on the couch so she can't reach it from the floor. She's almost mastered getting onto the couch now (having mastered getting down last year), and is great heading both ways on the stairs. She went from saying Ma to Mum in a span of a week, and says Da, Dada and today it was Daddy! She can say uh-huh for yes and uh-uh for no, she has this cute hand wave for no, and still shakes her head correctly on occasion. Her hairs coming in so much now; curls on the side from the hair she's had since birth (not much I might add) and she's great for waking up with a rats nest in the back now, which I'm finding very hard to tame, without considering product. She's so cute about wanting to go out lately; she'll hand you her shoes or her coat. And she always insists on getting dressed, so much for being lazy in pjs when we can. How many time does the dentist ask us to brush; what twice a day? I can't get her away from the bathroom; she asks for her toothbrush the moment she's in the bathroom, and brushes until you take the brush away from her, ack!I find it so funny, but also a bother when you are trying to head out somewhere and all the family needed to do was brush and leave.
Speaking of the little girlie; I can hear her fussing again, she's still under the weather and was cranky and wanted a cat nap. I guess she's done. I'll post some picks soon I hope.
January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment