April 23, 2008

I can't believe it's almost been seven months since Madison was born. Enjoying most of her solids and loves to babble to anyone who will listen. Stirling is still acting out in his usual way, but the last couple of days he's become more aggressive, I hope it's only temporary. I'm trying to give him as much attention as I possibly can; alas, it seems that it is still not enough. I kept him home from daycare yesterday, fighting off, yet another cold.
Maddie has her peds appointment today, and I checked with his receptionist and I will get Stirling checked at the same time to make sure he doesn't have strep throat again. If he does, it's not from us, which would mean that daycare is passing it around. The owner was there this morning sicker than anything - no wonder my child is sick all the time. You should see some of the runny noses I come into contact with first thing in the morning and it's not my kid.
On another note, I received a postcard from my pen pal from the Philippines that I have had since grade seven - eighteen years ago oh my god, has it been that long? I always have sent photos and kept in touch with Christmas cards and my annual letter, but for the past few years I wasn't sure if he was receiving them anymore. I kept sending things with the thought he was getting them, but in the back of my mind wondering if some stranger was enjoying my families reflection on the past year and laughing. He's been to Europe travelling for the past year, having resided in Australia since just after high school. My sister in-law leaves with her daughter at the end of the month to see Europe for a few months. Ah, to have the funds and the time to do such a thing would be wonderful. I would love to show my family some of the sites that I saw while my dad was stationed in Germany so many years ago.
I'll post more later when I get Maddie's stats from the pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment