What a day; what a weekend. Little did we know what was brooding in my poor son's chest until today....
Well, the egg hunt at the Fort was a bust on Saturday. Too many people, not enough organization; one of ten eggs found and no interest to stand in line with 100 other people to exchange this solitary egg for the chocolate that was promised. Why did we buy advanced tickets, as multi-family season ticket holders? Not sure. This ran on Saturday from noon to five and being there only an hour after the gates open, with immediate admission; we had to park back out by the highway; talk about one tuckered child before we even got into the Fort! Next year I vote to a)not go b) go much later as there seemed to be better parking after 3pm c) complain this year that they should limit how many people can attend. Nothing like trying to cram hundreds of people into a hangar for the 4 and under activities. Too many aggravated parents; tuckered out kids asleep at the train station before even getting to any events; tantrum throwing kids/parents that didn't get popcorn because they ran out after only an hour of festivities. Completely ridiculous.
Stirling was already coming down with something that he brought home from daycare last week. But we hopped him up on cough medicine and took him to the hunt anyway. We all were under the weather for the weekend. Unfortunately, after a nap when we got back from our Egg Hunt, he woke up with a rash; David and I were convinced that it was heat rash and kept an eye on it. Also eliminating further drug use, chocolate consumption and anything else weird that he wouldn't normally get to eat or drink. Leading up to today; silly me, I sent him to daycare today.
Unexpectedly I managed to score him an appointment at the pediatrician for 10:45 this morning, assuming it would be packed due to the long weekend. So back to daycare to get him, to find out that his rash is related to strep-throat! Ack ack! At the same to time; it's from daycare - who has it there and doesn't know it? No clue! I let daycare know that someone is a carrier, and Stirling is home for the next few days and on antibiotics for the next 10 to get rid of this. David and I also had/have it so we need to be tested if our throats are sore. David says he's fine and mine is practically gone. I think Stirling is past the contagious faze, but don't want to take any chances. Good thing I cancelled dinner with mom yesterday; my grandparents are due in from Kelowna on April 3 and wouldn't want anyone getting really sick. However, my mom was convinced he had measles...no matter how many times I told her that the kids are immunized against this among other normal childhood ailments that we suffered as children. Dr. Berry said that infants don't usually suffer from strep-throat, however, we are a very affectionate family, so we will see. Fortunately, this is Stirling's first real illness, his first prescription for anything. Don't get me wrong, he's had a ton of various colds and flus, but I'm not the type to run my kids to the doctor's unless it is severe.
I did manage to get my entry completed for the Cook of the Year contest today; I will have to send it Express Post to get it there for the April 1st deadline. I didn't manage another taste test prior to my minor alterations to my recipe, but it should be really yummy. My changes were minor and will only make it better. Everything must be made from scratch, including the pesto sauce - I think my version is better than the jarred stuff I used originally.
Maddie had her first taste of applesauce today. Not sure if she was into it as much as I expected, but it's different from bland and boring right? When I get my mat. cheque tomorrow I plan to go buy all of the beginner foods; she's been doing quite well with the rice and the oat cereals, so it will be wheat next, and maybe some peas, who knows. Wish me luck.
March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment