February 10, 2008

I can't believe that Madison will be five months old in a few short weeks. Her weigh in at her four month booster appointment said she's grown to 15lbs. 11 1/2oz.; holy cow; and she's over 25 inches long already! In comparison to Stirling at this stage in his life; he was taller and a little lighter; but not by much. She's started on rice cereal but I've only been feeding it to her on occasion. I don't want her to get too big; she's still in the 75 percentile for her weight and 90th for her height; at her two month booster appointment she was in the 90th across the board.
We've all been sick for what seems to have been weeks. Thanks to daycare we can now take part in the various illnesses that are floating in the atmosphere there. So far my contribution has been small; Stirling has had two colds and a touch of the flu; David was really sick with the flu for over a week and a good cold that still hasn't subsided. I have luckily managed to come through this with a minor case of the flu that still allowed me to function for the most part, and the colds seemed to have missed me all together. My mother in-law says that its because I have no time to be sick; and you know what, I think she is right.
On the other hand, I have this strange spot on my stomach, that seems to not be doing much of anything. In the meantime, I came across an article in the Journal that spoke of a superbug that is set to hit Canadians called MRSA (a bacteria commonly found on the skin and in the nose of otherwise healthy people). It usually causes skin infections that may look like a pimple or boil, and can lead to pneumonia, bloodstream infections, or surgical wound infections. Nurses in hospitals are in contact with patients infected with this unaware and in turn pass it on to subsequent patients without even knowing. I don't recall coming into contact with anyone, but now it has raised concerns and questions of my own. It's been over a week and maybe it's the more I examine it, it still seems the same but I seem to be irritating it. If it's still unchanged by Tuesday maybe I'll go to the clinic, just to on the safe side. It seems MRSA is very drug resistant and I don't want to take my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment