March 17, 2008

I don't get it. How are you supposed to discipline your child when all other resources have been exhausted? I can make every threat under the sun and it still doesn't get through. Argh! I never knew how much a three year old could irk me, but he's managed it. My mom or dad would have spanked me for the things he gets away with. How do you stress the importance of a babies sleep - I can't speak a foreign language - English just doesn't seem to work. Maybe the threats are a set-back. When I say I will spank maybe I should - I don't believe in corporal punishment but I am at my wits end. It's been a rough weekend for David and I both; if I hear my son say 'no' again I swear I will smack him into next week. That sounds like a good ole Cosby punishment if I've ever heard one. I brought you into this world and I can take you right back out - is another favorite of mine, but I never seem to remember it. I also told myself I wouldn't swear at him; when you've lost it you should walk away - where do I walk away to when I have a baby in the next room? To avoid waking her again, he's been sent to couch to be quiet. No TV, no movies or toys; this is supposed to be quiet time, and it is also very important 'z' time for Maddie.....
So much for 'z' time for anyone. To top it off I have been dealing with an exorbenant amount of illnesses in the house. Maddie is still getting over the flu; Stirling was over his last week, but another cold has been added to the mix that came with a wonderful nagging cough. I am just over the flu late last week, but at least it was mild and only had one really bad day of vomiting; I think my system is almost back to normal.
I want to enter the Cook of the Year contest at Canadian Living, but can't find the time to perfect my entry and the deadline is April 1. I managed to squeeze in a tester last weekend before we all got really sick, but I've decided it needs some adjustments before I send it off; if only I can find the time.
I have to cut this short before I lose it; Stirling is driving me bonkers and its not as simple as sending him to his room. Maybe he needs therapy, maybe I need to take up another language - no thanks to Dora! Because everything I say in English just doesn't seem to be understood anymore. How else do I try to tell him that mommy and daddy are the grown-ups, the bosses?

No comments:

Post a Comment