November 19, 2007


After the tea party for Madison, on Tuesday, I went to fold the mound of laundry sitting on my bed. Madison was tired and I laid her on the bed while I folded. She found her thumb...she was so happy. Not a fist, not an odd finger, be her thumb, I was very impressed, and then she lost it and hasn't found it since. She was so content for about ten seconds and then it was gone. Both David and I have tried to assist in the thumb sucking, but haven't had any luck. I know that it promotes bad teeth, but it wouldn't mean having to run from her when she is in one of her sucking moods. Someone should invent a baby safe double-sided tape that could be used to keep the soother in place. Something that the baby could spit out when it wanted to.
The next day she started drinking six to seven ounces at a feeding; sometimes finishing all eight. Which means she is almost sleeping through the entire night already; yahoo! Her sleeping habits seem to revolve around how many ounces she eats; and she's wanting to eat all of this. She seems to want more after an entire bottle at times; once she gets weighed at her two month boosters at the end of the month we will see if she needs to go on cereals already. She's got a long body to maintain; already two pounds and inch gained in a month, her metabolism is probably needing it.
It was my friend's son's second birthday on Saturday. It was a hectic weekend. I got my haircut before I came back to the house to grab the kids and head out of town to the party. Hubby being sick, I managed pretty well. For awhile, Stirling was running around with his arse hanging out of his pants; got to love the pants with the retractable waistband - too bad I didn't realize one side had come undone until much later on in the party, and several pant hikes later. Once it was fixed he held together for the rest of the party thank you.
Sunday was family pictures, too bad the boy decided to make that day his rough day right from the moment he got out of bed. What would possess a department store to have the toy section located right next to the portrait studio? Talk about worst idea ever. The moment we walked in the store and we got to the toy isles (which were completely unavoidable) he had a meltdown. Every toy he wanted; the screaming was on. I'm thankful that he stopped crying long enough for the pictures to be taken. Then David had to leave the store with him pinching, screaming and hitting all the way to the car, while I stood in line waiting to pay for the pictures. Overall, it was a very long stressful event that I would sooner gouge my eyes out of my head next time then do again. I'm researching department stores next time, and will use the one with the toy section furthest away from the portrait studio in the future. I will also make sure that Stirling is well fed - our time slot was the worst (12:15), but it was the only one I could get before our Smilesaver membership expired today. I think we got a good replacement shot taken for over the fireplace mantle, but for some reason I think the shot made me look very overweight.....which is strange because in the mirror anywhere I look thin, maybe I remembered wrong. Oh well there is always next year's picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment