November 10, 2007


After having such a slow two thirds of October the last third and continuing on into this month my calender has spawned into a big blue nightmare. Well, I suppose it's not entirely a nightmare per say; however, it is becoming overrun with many appointments and parties already. I finally decided on a date for a non-baby shower. Most of the people coming have already given gifts and I certainly didn't want them to feel obligated to bring another. I'm calling it a "tea" that way friends and family can spend sometime with us and meet Madison if they haven't already and just have a relaxed morning with goodies and refreshments. I'm sure it will be fairly laid back, if not boring (I hope not).
We decided on a trip to the pool and some refreshments back at the house afterwards for Stirling's birthday. We plan to do something small, most likely the four of us on the evening of his birthday and go all out on the weekend with some of his friends. Not a huge party in any means, unfortunately none of the kids (or parents)from daycare have been in touch with Stirling. He talks about daycare and the teachers there, he obviously misses it. How one can afford daycare on a third of your salary I'll never know. It would be interesting to see if I could get him back in part time just so he can hang out with his friends again and get the social exposure he needs. Mommy is admittedly boring; for the last two weeks he's watched me sew more then he has in all his life. He loves playing outside with the dog, but it's cold lately and he doesn't last as long. We like to bake together, and he likes painting and play-doh, so there's a good variety of things I suppose. I guess I'm just not as good at the imaginary while playing farm or trains. I think I'm just too tired.
I'm so tired lately I've almost given up on breastfeeding. Madison just doesn't seem to be into it I suppose; it's more of a fight/argument with the process. Not to be graphic but a sex life would be nice too without the "leakage" and the very unappealing bra that goes with it. She seems to be very happy and content with her formula feedings, which are much quicker and less evasive. I can start and stop the bottle much easier than the latter. Her pediatrician says she is developing quite well, very strong and ahead of her development. She has already gained two pounds putting her at 11lbs. 8oz. and grown to 22 inches. She is growing out of clothes already. She's already holding her own head up most of the time, and started smiling a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment