November 01, 2007



I have to say honestly, for not having sewn anything except for simple curtains or duvet covers in the past ten...I mean twelve years (who knows maybe more), I managed to sew a pretty nice costume for my son. He wanted to be a monster this year; having seen Monsters Inc. several times a few weeks back. Do you think I could find a costume? Nothing that a nearly three year old would ever wear. Why couldn't he have been a ghost? I can handle cutting a couple of holes in a bed sheet - I have many collecting moth balls in the linen closet. He kept running around saying he wants to be a monster and jump out of the closet and scare people. He was also starting to understand the idea of Halloween too. Well last Saturday I went to Fabricland to seek out a pattern to make him a monster costume (his idea remember). I think it went well; considering the only thing I could find was a dinosaur/dragon costume that I figured would fall into his category of monster. My choices were a size 2 (too small) and a 7-8 (way too big) - I spent Sunday afternoon modifying the 7-8 to something more his size, but also trying to leave room in case he had to wear his snow suit. Admittedly the idea of sewing again, and passing it off as something descent, was really scary. After many hours; too many to count, I finished his costume around 5:30 last night; just in time to have some dinner and take our son out on his first official Trick or Treat of Halloween. Last year's Indian costume was cute, but Stirling had a tantrum just before we were going to head out and we couldn't leave the house. So that was it for last year. He did well - pretty good haul this year, heh heh. I think that said everything went quite well, costume included. I think I might make him a costume next year too; I was so glad when it was all over, but seeing him in his costume walking down the street to the next house, it was one of the those warm fuzzy moments. I was so happy he was having a good time. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment