I fear summer is gone. One day of rain and the season seems to have come to an abrupt halt. We need rain more than anything, so yesterday's anslot was acceptable. It could be worse - our city could be submerged under bacteria infested waters. I love the newspapers reactions of "we are unsure if this is directly linked to global warming"; okay I'm no scientist and I could make an informative decision and say "definitely so". How can these people not link the bazaar weather around the world with global warming, didn't they pay attention in science class?
On a happier note, David and I will be celebrating our five year anniversary in a couple of weeks, funny how it always seems like a blustery fall day on that day; our wedding day it could have snowed; it was very cold, windy and raining. It was a wonderful day for us - weather aside.
With the heat slowly subsiding I find myself still deprived of a good nights sleep. Braxton hicks, and constant belly flops from this little one give me no peace. My doctor says my due date isn't until September 26, but my measurements put me a week or so ahead, and I swore my ultrasound put me ahead as well. I'm thinking between the 13 and 20 of September, any longer and I think I will find means to go into labor. You can tell that I already have a toddler - I'm telling this one to sit still and its still inside me.
David and I are throwing around names - I like the name Madison if its a girl. We have discussed Scott if it's a boy, but I love Jack, after my great grandfather. If we keep with the way we came to choose Stirling's name; it will be Scott for sure, with my dad's name for the middle, probably no matter the first. Stirling's name came from my mother in-laws maiden name; Scott is my mom's maiden name.
My grandparent's are planning a visit at Christmas time to see everyone and meet the new baby of course. I'm so glad we have a large dining room and table that sits eight, there will be twelve of us this year including the kids. I will not be allowing courses to be cooked elsewhere this year. We really missed the smell of turkey roasting in the oven; wafting through the house on Christmas Day. Honestly, I like my stuffing better too I suppose.
I'm so thankful that I am still quite mobile this pregnancy. I try to do what I can in a day to maintain the house, lets just say that I started cleaning house on Wednesday and I hope to finish today. Here's a questions for the day - how do you keep glass/mirrors etc. clean for longer than an hour with 1 toddler, 1 large dog, and 2 persistent cats? Hopefully I can figure it out before the new addition is at crawling/standing faze.

No comments:
Post a Comment