Stirling got his report card for swimming today! He and I have been involved in a Parent/Tot class at Bonniedoon Pool for the past two weeks. It was a great experience; usual Stirlingness aside we had a great time. He was doing so well I am considering getting involved in the next classes that would be appropriate for a boy his age. However, I'm not sure if he was swimming because he wanted to or if he was more interested in the gummy worms/lifesavers that came after class on the trip home.
Our first class; Stirling discovers the candy machine promptly inside the main doors to the facility. Not only that, he chose what he wanted to have....gummy worms; two dollar sour-gummy worms I might add. Reluctantly after class...I gave in and bought them, he was so good, why not? Since that day I have heard to no end, about eating worms after class (which I promptly bought a cheaper alternative that seem to last three times as long - gummy lifesavers - still on the first bag, limiting him to so many on the trip home so he could have it another day). A few times we were early and I would have us wait in the car - less distractions - everyone and anyone who walked into the pool he would say "Hey, they're going to steal my candy!" Repeatedly I explained how the candy machine works - and he still said the same thing yesterday.
Another interesting thing that occurred. During the course of our classes we walked in to discover a blind woman with a beautiful golden retriever heading in the opposite direction. Try explaining to a 33 month old that he is not to touch the dog because he is a working dog. First attempt ended with me dragging him into the change room, trying to console and explain the reasoning behind this situation. That took some time, but he now understands that some people need dogs to help them to see, and we are not to pet a dog who is working, we may distract him and the person could get hurt. Normally we were running into them in the hall, and today we were running a little behind, so she was already outside waiting for a ride with that handsome old dog (you know when the hair gets that peppery look, but underneath its still this nice coat of gold), Stirling looks at the dog and says "The doggy is working mommy". I love how much he seems to absorb from things I tell him already. He can count to ten, but has an affliction to the number 6....he never says it, lol. He can name so many pictures and people, his memory is better than mine some days.
35 weeks and counting, I think the baby has dropped, so hopefully he/she will show up in the next three to four weeks. I'm still aiming for September 13, but my doctor ensures that it probably won't be until closer to September 26. I'm still not sleeping much; between braxton hicks, the baby poking me and shoving me in the most uncomfortable spots, and really bad indigestion, things are not so bad. The pool has been my caffeine for the past two weeks (bloody cold), I will miss it dearly.
August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment