Well I hit the twenty nine week mark on Thursday; happily to report that so far everything is going smoothly. I went on medical leave last month as a precautionary measure, and also got the steroid shots too. My last ultrasound results were good; fibroid has grown a bit since last ultrasound, but it is to be expected. What is with this heat? Why did I have to be big and pregnant during one our hottest summers (or so it seems)?
My son is finally setting in the tantrum faze of his life. Car rides can be a hazard and god forbid he see anything he wants. We took him the zoo last weekend, that was the shortest trip I've been on. Our son has a had a severe obsession with trains and has had this since he saw The Polar Express last Christmas; in the beginning we had to deal with watching "Big Choo Choo" almost none stop every day for a couple of months. Not wanting to listen to Christmas carols with no snow any longer on the ground, we have insisted that if he must watch it, he must save it for the weekend, and it can only be viewed once. A parent should not know this type of movie thoroughly enough to recite it while its playing. Sorry, back to the zoo. The zoo has a train ride, but the station isn't in one place so it's not on the map that they provide you when you enter the zoo. While still trying to find where the station was on this day, the train would pass us by and he would say "my choo choo" getting more annoyed and talking louder everytime he saw it. Finally we found the station, waited in line, gave the "engineer" our tickets to ride on this little electric train. As we are about to sit in the little 2 1/2 foot by 4 foot box, I mean rail car, Stirling starts screaming at the top of his lungs that he wants and will drive the train! Well that won't work; there is just enough room in the engine for the engineer to sit and that is all, not even telling him the dangers of why he can't sit there. We had to get our tickets back; next train wasn't for over an hour, Stirling's screaming about wanting to drive the choo choo train intensifying by the second, and he just would not stop. Parents ideas about talking calmly and rationally to your child doesn't always work, and almost always, as of late, ends up with one of us on the receiving end of smacks, kicks, pinches, etc. Let's just say we found a way to get back to the car as quickly as possible, with Stirling slapping dad most of the way to the car. Hmmm, not sure when we will try that one again.
David just reminded me about the other day when Stirling said he wanted to ride in a airplane that was flying overhead....why so he can yell at us that he can't drive it too? We've been trying to keep his train obsession at bay; we've taken him to the Fort twice to ride the train and he loves that. We'll try it again; but even after the last visit he had a break-down in the car because he wanted to ride the train still and continued to scream all the way home. Also leaving a shoe print on my arm and good bloody scratch on my chin before we managed to get him to go down for a nap. I didn't realize how strong he could get.
This week he was farely well behaved, although yesterday I tried to tell him no for something and his voice just got louder and louder, repeating the same thing, finally I just told him no loud enough for him to hear over his ranting. At his point he starts crying and saying "I want daddy". He's bad for that; he thinks that if one us gives him heck for something, the other parent will comfort and allow the bad deed to continue. Boy, does he ever seem surprised when we support each other on issues. We don't waiver. One of us will send him to his room for a timeout, and all you will hear is him saying "Mommy" or "Daddy" the opposite of whoever sent him there in the first place.
Holy cow what a rant just to talk about Stirling's tantrums.
I have OB appointments every two weeks now, I think my due date is September 13th, but the OB says around the 19th. I'm getting excited, but would feel more at ease knowing if and when my EI will begin. The baby's room is still a mess and there is so much I want to buy. David and I don't know what the sex of the baby is, but I think we will repeat the Classic Pooh theme as we had for Stirling as a baby. I'm hoping it's a boy, but a girl would be okay too. She would just have to wear barrets to distinguish her from boys - the cloths will confuse people I'm sure. I have kept all of Stirling's wardrobe so far and it would be much cheaper to reuse it all.
Anyhow, I must run; a friend is stopping by to use our email; his is down. I'll try to post more often.

You look so good !! Poor Stirling .. hopefully its something he'll outgrow -- maybe its been too hot for him too ??
ReplyDelete