January 26, 2011

What a busy time once again. What a way to start the new year. Amongst getting the caterer in order for the Comedy night this Saturday. I have also managed to book the rest of the field trips for my daughter's playschool groups, a fun filled Spring and Summer are ahead, and there won't be any issues with being over or even near the allotted budget for the remainder of the year. Madison had a trip to the Sea Life Caverns at WEM to experience the Passport to Adventure. It was very behind the scenes and one on one with the class. I have heard nothing but very rave reviews from the parents who were able to volunteer their time. I will be making sure that this is made available to the classes next year too. I think I will try to remain as Field Trip Coordinator for next year, it would be so simple. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Petting penguins and sting rays, and seeing the sea lions would have been fun. Unfortunately the schedule almost nearly doesn't allow me to participate as a volunteer at the events :o(
I just wrapped up another 4-week course yesterday in Flowers and Cake Design. I will hopefully be teaching the Final course in February if I get enough signed up. This past month was very hard to get motivated to teach. Only two of my three students showed up for the 4-weeks. Not a very well paying class. At the same time my students were great and I think did very well. I will be posting pics of their final projects on my other blog soon so stay tuned for pictures. They both signed up for February's class too, so let's hope we get some more.
I've been very busy trying to get the rest of the kids things out the door that are no longer needed. It sure is a hassle when you get commitment from people that never follow through. I managed to give away the last of the Molly babies - all sixteen of them. Had the last of the first batch and three of the new batch go a couple weeks ago. Now our Molly is at a loss for friends :o( Poor thing. Kisses itself in its reflection on the tank - ah pooh. We'll be getting the rest of our fish now that the swarm is gone. Note no mate this time. Heh heh heh. I also sold the old 5 gallon fish tank on the weekend. The last of the tricycles went today and I hope to have all the Fisher Price stuff and the toddler bed gone by the end of the week. YEY!
Dave has been busy with work, when he hasn't been at home sick. This week I think it was a touch of the flu or something. Please don't let the rest of us get it, we just got over the sinus/cold thing that hung on for weeks.
Stirling and Madison are finally out of the stir-crazy zone they were in the last couple weeks with the awful cold weather and huge dump of snow we had. Snow plows are just cleaning it away now. Took me twenty minutes to make a five minute drive to Stirling's school today to get him for lunch :o( Garbage truck, followed by accident, followed by snow plows - in every possible direction imaginable! The snow started melting a little but refreezes every night and has caused some awful road situations.
Last week I baked more banana bread and have almost gotten my frozen banana situation under control in my freezer. I still have enough for a double batch. I finished making the last batch of chocolate chip cookies from Stirling's fundraiser as well and only have one batch of the oatmeal left in the freezer that I am sure will get baked this week. Today I made bread and have pizza dough on as we speak. I love my bread maker. I think I need new yeast though, the bread is a little dense and not very high. Still be delicious I'm sure - waiting for it to cool so I can cut it up with my meat/bread slicer. Note to you all - everyone should own a meat/bread slicer. Saves so much time with meat, cheese, and bread. My mother in law thought I could cut my cheese and meat perfectly until she saw me prepare it this past holiday, lol. I haven't cut that stuff without it in almost nine years, unless it's just a quick snack and not for a dinner party or something. My secret is out! Madison has already put in a request for chocolate cake. That is on my list of to-do's. I have many.
I have almost most of my spring cleaning done, yey. I replaced the bulbs in my fridge and over the stove microwave - hood fan. I feel kind of spoiled, lol. I've got almost my entire space downstairs back to usable. I have managed to get all the Christmas stuff put away in one less container even. I have convinced myself I need to find cupboard space for the things we are keeping or we need to buy another house.
Well time to run, the boy is out from school soon and I had better get going if I am going to make it there in twenty minutes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment