At Madison's Christmas Concert
Let's see since September we have all been suffering from colds, sinus things, coughs, you name it they just seems to be piggy backing one another for all of us. I spent alot of that time teaching cake decorating courses in September and October, and just started another on Tuesday! I've been baking up a storm for Christmas Concerts and school crafts and also had all my own to do in there too. November was a busy month for birthday cakes, but was sick for mom's birthday :o( I'm still suffering from the sore throat I got in time for my birthday. I did however get to go to Evelyn Charles to have my hair cut and get my eyebrows done, a birthday gift from my thoughtful hubbie, which I look forward to with anticipation every year. I think I'm looking good for thirty-four if I don't say so myself. maybe I should look into those restalane injections for my forehead though? Any thoughts?
In between the salon and dinner.
I also came home to find my babysitter standing in our livingroom, Dave dressed and ready to take me to the Keg, a day early as New Years Eve is awful for trying to go anywhere. Well, we thought a day early was a good idea - I think everyone else did too. At least fifty people standing around waiting - over an hour to get a seat, we went downtown to the Ruth's Chris Steak House, what a cold event that was. The Keg's food was way better and the waiter wouldn't have sounded like that comedian from nova scotia that still does the odd tv show. He could have been his twin brother! Same voice accent and all. I wish I could remember his name. Anyhow, over priced, everything fried in butter, I mean everything. And I must say USDA grade A beef is not as good as AAA beef. Give me my Alberta beef any day! It has a mooey flavour to it I just couldn't get past. Who gets away with charged $40 and up for just your piece of meat?? They do! Next year we'll book a spot at the Keg and prevent the hassle in the first place. The parking downtown was atrocious - an event at The Shaw Conference had the area as a mad house and trying to find somewhere to park the truck was hard too. Too tall for most parkades, convenient I know. We almost opted to call a cab for the trip back to the car in the parkade we did find that we had to walk outside from in -30 degree weather. I wished I had worn long johns that day. It was a great surprise and I enjoyed every moment of the evening! My family treated me to to presents, supper and cake later in the day; they saved breakfast in bed for Saturday when we were a little less rushed. My mom came for brunch on my birthday as her and Richard were unable to enjoy Christmas dinner with us. Richard's COPD was very aggravated by the smells of Christmas and was unable to stay more than five minutes before they went back to Fort Saskatchewan. I was so depressed, I was really looking forward to sharing a household of family, especially my mom. I still made a 28lb turkey for a dinner of nine people instead of eleven. June came up the beginning of December to stay with us for the holidays. It was so wonderful having her here, and we were so sad to see her go. We wish she would have stayed forever. Ah yes the turkey; turned out beautifully as did the entire meal. It was great to share it with everyone and look forward to next year already.
Santa was very good to us. I finally have a working computer again! Yey! I'm so happy with how much I can achieve when the computer doesn't shut off every ten minutes. So my mom came to have turkey leftovers as a brunch thing and we opened the rest of the Christmas presents and my birthday presents from her. The kids have Playmobil coming out the wazoo! I'm so glad they are both into it.
Madison and Stirling at her Christmas Concert with Santa
They sat with Santa three times this year! Our Pancake breakfast with Santa went really well, and was enjoyed by all that attended. Next year will be bigger and better. I am working out the wrinkles on the final details for our comedy night. I just wish the caterer would email me instead of calling. He's a real chatty Kathy, and calls at the worst time :oP They also sat with him at Madison's concert and we managed to get them healthy long enough to get shots with the regular Santa at Bonniedoon Mall. Rules before seeing him, were no snorting, and no sneezing or coughing on him ,lol. Well I suppose it paid off,n he was very good to us.
Christmas Eve (Grandma took pic - Madison too tired to look :o( )
I'm teaching Flowers and Cake Design this month, class is much smaller than anticipated. Hardly worth it, but can't disappoint my two students of the three that were supposed to attend. I hope the other joins us next week.
Dave put in a skating rink and we bought them skates last week. Stirling's a real natural at it.
Turning into a real hockey player too - who knew he was a lefty?
That's all for now; I've got to run to get Stirling from school soon; I can see him with his class out sledding in the blizzard that is just starting :oP Madison's school pictures came late, so be sure to watch for them in the mail.

No comments:
Post a Comment