September 07, 2010

I never thought this week would be so hectic...

Madison & Stirling - Meek Family Reunion July 2010

I went from having one cake project this month (for my daughter's third birthday) to having four projects! Wow! I'm so excited. I just spent Sunday and yesterday working on a cake for our babysitter's fifteenth birthday. It went out at 4pm last night, and I am very impressed with it. You will have to check out my cake blog if you want to see pictures. :o)

Our 8 Year Anniversary - David surprised me after dinner with a treat to go see Alegria the same evening. It was wonderful, Cirque du Soleil rocks! Note to self don't let five year old take picture of selves - why do I look way bloated?! August 2010

Last Monday we ran out and got indoor shoes for both the kids. Airwalks - way cool. I did however manage to get a discount. Good old Payless never ceases to amaze me at how they try to rip off there customers. After trying on several pairs of shoes Stirling and I found a great pair in the clearance section. Madison's were on sale too, so I couldn't have been more thankful. I get up to the til only to have the clerk ring in Stirling's shoes at full price. I pointed out that they were indeed in the clearance section; he tried to come up with an excuse, which I retorted with there are several pairs of the same shoes in the clearance section! Not just the one pair which I would have agreed on (could have been mistakenly placed there by some other oblivious patron). At which time he went to look at the rack - I told him he had better make his manager aware that it is illegal to falsly advertise items and clearance and then try to sell it at full price. I said move them to a different display or be prepared to give other patron's discounts too....he gave me a well deserved discount! Thank you very much Mr. Clerkman, my budget is tight enough as it is :o(

Dad and Madison in Jasper August 2010

I had another playschool executive meeting last week, thank goodness we found someone to fill the secretarial position! I already take care of that with the Parent Advisory as part of being Vice Chair. Too much; got the monthly newsletter for the playschool out for review on friday and I hope to get it printed and distributed this week. I think it turned out well. I had an old format to follow so it made it very easy, helps that I am very efficient with Word and Excel too I suppose. So far reviews are good and not many changes.
I just finished preparing my items for to teaching Gum Paste and Fondant, starting this afternoon. I had three people sign up; only one of three who had requested the class in the first place, hmmm. Too bad a class of five would have been better, more exciting. I got the manager's approval as I was under the class minimum. I got an earful regarding teaching Course 1, but right now I will have to hold off until October I suppose. I can only fit one course into my schedule a month right now and that is pushing it. I would have to take a November break too as I know I will already have at least three cake projects booked for that month.

No comments:

Post a Comment