The 28th was Stirling's kindergarten celebration - first time we managed to get the entire family out. Both Grandma's, an Auntie and cousin all came out including us that made seven plus Stirling. Yes, you heard that right, we went out to Ryley to bring Grandma F. out for his graduation and bash; she stayed for a wonderful week. We all wished it could have been longer. So the 27th was a trip out in the country to check out fishing and camping spots along the way to GF's, it was a nice day. Monday, was a heck of a hot day - trying to bake and decorate Stirling's cake before his school function at 2:30 was a challenge in itself. Time restraints had me using the remainder of the icing leftover from the VAA cake I sent out on the Friday, at the same time - minor tool malfunctions and lack of time made for a sloppily decorated cake and I felt bad - I finished at 2:23...good this the school is across the field - run Grandma! HA HA HA sorry :oP We all met here but half drove and half ran/walked. It was a very touching celebration - the teacher read a story to everyone and had put together a slide presentation with music by Jack Johnson - very touching.

We came back here to have a nice little backyard party and barbeque afterward. I had convinced Stirling that the cake I was making that morning was for a client - I had a hard time convincing him otherwise when I brought it out after our hotdogs to him to see before we served it. We had bicycles hiding in the kitchen when we came back from school - a graduation present for Stirling and well honestly a piece maker for Madison :o( Heh hee hee

Tuesday was the official last day of school for Stirling and they had a "fun day" planned so a bunch of physically challenging games basically. He was on the orange team and he says they won! Woo hoo; way to end the year!
Wednesday I had some girlfriends over for a daiquiri afternoon and playdate for the boys and Madison. What a blast that was - one mom brought hotdogs so we had a good snack mid afternoon and everyone left around dinner time.
Thursday I had so many plans for Canada Day, but the night before I wasn't well at all and didn't get much sleep - undaquiri related I might add. I had no desire to bake at all - we still had more than half of the graduation cake leftover and it was a yummy one so we had that instead. We still made a pancake breakfast and boy was that yummy too. It was nice to celebrate a little of the day with D's mom here, then she went to his sister's until the Saturday. We rented a few movies while she was here too. The Crazies was interesting, and the new Travolta movie where he looks like Mr. Clean with a goatee - the name has slipped my mind, anyhow. We took the kids to the fair at MWTC and both went on rides; I thought Madison wouldn't do so well after all the mini donuts she devoured before going on the "rockets" airplanes (They were rockets I tell you - the ride designer wouldn't know an airplane from his a**h*** - if you get my meaning, lol) What fun that was, and then we came back here for another barbeque - kids went to bed around the usual time - the heat made it hard to get them to stay there and let Stirling hold a giant sparkler with adult supervision :oP We watched and saw quite clearly the fireworks from the front of our house.
Alot of barbequing was had by all, I do love to cook outdoors when I can - we aren't big sauce people - so grilled is more the way and lots of salads. Since my doctor told me to stay away from potatoes, I've really begun to enjoy salads again. Skipping the side dish altogether at times.
Since D took Grandma home on Sunday we have been planning our up and coming trips for the family reunion in Saskatchewan and the wedding in BC. I think I've officially as of yesterday got all of our camp sites and hotels booked for the duration of our stays. I'm getting excited for both events. Some of the relatives at this reunion are in there mid to late 80's so this could be one of the few big reunions we have, unfortunately. I'm sure they will all live on in till their 100s easily! I mapped out all the places we might like to see along the way - it's along drive down south and we plan to spend a few days camping before we arrive at our destination.
The kids met a new babysitter this week too, seems like a nice gal, our regular recommended we use her while she is away out east. I asked before she went away, except we haven't used her yet and she is due back mid month.
Mom came by this week to help me get started on the matron of honour dress for the end of August. What a tedious task that was - three hours later - with two kids a foot, literally under my dining room table at times was a bit unsettling, annoying, unpleasant to say the least. And at times I thought I was going to explode in absolute revolt at my unrelenting children. I was so glad when they finally found something to do in sporadic bits as they did. The dress is cut and I had intended to get more done but....
I baked a promotional batch of brownies for D's boss this week to show what I would be offering to their client's as well as made up little fondant logos (as I can't quite fit my fancy toppers into my budget just yet) and did up stickers for RCT and the company itself and revamp the packaging. Which is another task in itself - trying to figure out what works best for selling these. I have ordered so many different packages lately - thank goodness I can get them at a good cost. I have found one that is working for now although higher would be ideal and no little window. Anyone know someone who can design a box that is 2 x 4.5 x 4.5 for mini brownies?

I've also been living at the Alberta Health Services website and the Alberta Farmer's Market association home page researching what it would take me to provide my product at our local farmer's market. Right now...hmmmmm...it looks like I need to find a space to lease or rent to bake my goodies...and that's the bottom line. I was watching a talk on Global with Lorraine Mansbridge regarding farmer's market in Riverbend - does she follow all the protocol??? What does she do? How? I have so many questions - as I have read so much and still have so much more to read on (labelling is my next lesson)mmm nutritional information. I have files saved on my computer and pamphlets in my possession that I never thought I would. Too much information - my brain is on overload between booking trips and the research that went into that and then this farmer's market business etc etc etc. Can anyone tell me what "adulterated" food is - I know more about our food and safety codes and the course I need to take as I need permits - and the list just keeps building. At the same time I came across a document describing charitable bake sellers (sales) the description fits, I don't need a permit but I still need to apply with the city. Yeah...those city guys always keep coming back to me. ummmm yeah.


Things went very well with his boss Friday morning - and his response was - "Can we get these for a staff function?" Yey! At the same time, I don't know if I should be looking at renting space to bake it, or not - I don't want Capital Health to shut me down. I'm just a small timer guys please leave me be :o( Our community hall's facilities won't be up and running until October and I'm not sure what permits they need in place or if I need any to bake stuff there or not either. More research - I'm sure it's in the piles of stuff I printed off that I haven't gotten to yet.
Can you believe in all this mess I managed to bake cookies last weekend and this as well as a peach, pear and cranberry crumble? :oP We mom's always find time don't we?
I finished folding the laundry finally last night, and my house is almost completely clean again. On to the rest of some new pudding marks around the house.
My class was a no go for this month again (which was another reason for the backup babysitter)! Argh! Well, aside from the demo on the 17th, I won't be doing any teaching again until September when my schedule slows down again. The playschool's changeover meeting is in a couple weeks too, at least next week is a slower one for us. No baking planned yet and I hope to focus on my dress.

No comments:
Post a Comment