March 16, 2010

I've been reading the Julie/Julia project (I've made it up to mid November) for a while now - it is hiliarious (poor girl and her culinary mishaps); I'm even enjoying it more so as it came from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Reading about quiche and other recipes (mostly quiche)for a month of entries made me realize how terrible those particular recipes were (the quiche ones), I decided to make one that was good. So last night I made my mom's sausage quiche sans green pepper (can't remember the last time I bought one either, ). Reading this also reminded me of a dining experience that left me served with a custard-jellified like "quiche" that was certianly different to put it politely. So back to me wanting to bake a really good one; for some reason I was starting to crave it:oP It turned out really nice, even with the crack that formed while pre-baking the crust - I had flashbacks of Julie's "soups". It began running out of the pie pan when I poured it in (as the crust wasn't going to hold it in like it should have.) I quickly threw a round baking sheet under it and put it in the oven hoping for the best. It turned out quite well, no funny textures to try to ignore, mmmm, good ol' comfort food. It was a moment I wanted to take a picture of, but we already ate half - want to to see my leftovers :oP Ha Ha Ha Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment