December 02, 2009

Sigh, things have finally calmed down for a week, and I took advantage of it before things get rolling fast again. I can safely say my Christmas cards are done! Yey! Note I said that at 11:14 this morning; and I have just gotten back from Staples, copying my yearly letter. My printer has been on the fritz forever. Next stop maybe some Christmas baking.
Stirling said his birthday was the best he had ever had. Madison and I also had swimming the same morning. Good thing, if you could call it that, some kid threw-up in the pool not five minutes after we got in, cancelling class. Yey, it gave me more time to finish getting ready for the expected twelve kids (three which were siblings of invited guests)and possibly fourteen parents (if they all chose to stay). In the end we had nine kids and nine adults including relatives which made things a little calmer. I completely stuck to Stirling's Scooby-Doo proposal. I went to Pretty Party Place and picked up theme related decorations and a pinata! The kids had a great time. I recruited our babysitter for the two hours of rambunctious 5 and 6 year olds, to help me out in keeping the kids on track with party games etc. It was great. We had the kids play a Scooby Doo ring toss (I lost track who won this one)and then they played musical chairs - Noah won. After they pinned the tail the donkey (Stirling won, but I think he peeked, lol, and then the Scooby Doo shaped pinata came out , the kids had a blast.

Parmaan had the best idea, he got that stick and beat him to death, lol!!! It was so funny. Unfortunately he broke off of the string before he really busted open. We had all the kids grab a streamer from the bottom and pull, and all the candy and toys fell out. We gave the kids each a treat bag to fill, they all had a great time.

Present Time!

Cake Time!( Yes I made it :o) )

No comments:

Post a Comment