September 10, 2009

School started and I thought things would settle down, but I was wrong. Picking up Stirling from his first official day of school, the teacher announced Meet the Teacher Night for the same evening. Thanks for the warning :oP Last night was registration for Beavers. Stirling told dad he's disappointed because so much is changing. He still wants to play more and he really thought he was going camping for some reason when we went to the registration.
In my trying...to get course books for the fondant and gum paste course from Wilton, I was told that these books are only available to people who take the course. I was told to email the Class Marketing Supervisor. I explained that a few of us were desperate to take the course, that to this date it is still not being offered. When I approached the subject via email I included a link to my other blog and also pointed out that we have completed the other three courses. At which point she emailed me a link to an online screening application at Wilton and told me I would be a perfect candidate to instruct the course! With much bantering back and fourth I finally filled in the application. So next month I could very well be a full fledged Wilton Instructor. I am nervous and my confidence at this point is wavering a little; they offer courses to prepare so it should be great. I have been dealing with people on a similar level for many years as a product rep for the Architectural community and feel confident speaking in front of any size group. So i just have to wait for them to process my application and start training soon. I feel fairly confident with my cake decorating skills as well, so I can use the skills I have and put them to good use. The teacher who taught us earlier this year no longer wished to teach the courses, and a new teacher was hired at the same time she has minimal experience and only wishes to take on a few classes. I honestly would only teach one course at a time, so I can make sure I have available child care.
I've been busy planning a Tupperware Party as I am sure many of you know. I have been trying to plan one for months and just haven't found the time. I spoke to the rep and we picked a date just for the sake of planning it. My schedule keeps filling up and I just couldn't see myself being able to book it after that date. All the while I am trying to get Madison's 2nd Birthday Party organized. Boy could I use a day time sitter! :o)
Here's a picture of the Maddie in a sun dress my mom bought for her recently. She's growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment