August 14, 2009

I am going to busy next week! I just finished making up a miniature version of our wedding cake yesterday; I will take pics tonight and post them on my other blog. I tried to get a little centre piece done for it similar to my original cake top, but Salisbury wanted $45 for it! Originally the lady quoted me $20-25 over the phone and I told her I needed calla-lilys. I brought a photo of the original bouquet and she called around for flowers and came back with a price of $45 to $60! Ack. I had them make our original floral arrangements seven years ago.
As you may have guessed it is our 7 year Anniversary today! We've technically been together for ten years, but officially it's seven. I have to say that I am very happy and content in our marriage. Everyone has their bad days, you just need to learn how to move past them as a couple.
Stirling has been having some issues with his molars lately. They have grown too close together causing them to become weak in between them so it makes them susceptible to cavities. We were referred to a pediatric dentist back in July and finally got to see her on August 4th. Meanwhile July 24 he's in a lot of pain suddenly late in the afternoon on this one ornary tooth that I knew he had a cavity in. So it's back to the dentist on the 28th when we could finally get in, for another fee (we don't have that much coverage yet as we have it on our own, and not as a group coverage through an employer)to get a prescription for amoxicillan, a few days later he feels better, and by the time we got to the pediatric dentist he's fine and he's almost done his antibiotic. Well, hhmmm, last night just before supper the pain returns worse than before - I hadn't heard or when asked been told that his tooth had been otherwise fine. I look in his mouth and now he has an abscess on his tooth, the same tooth of course. From our appointment with pediatric dentist we had several options to avoid pulling the tooth. Molars are needed to guide the new molars in place when he's older and it also helps with the proper spacing of the rest of his teeth. To avoid another fee I am taking him to our pediatrician to avoid more insurance deductions that we really need to fixing this whole problem. I had called the dentist last night and left a message and I called this morning too, they just called back to ask me to bring him in as another dentist there said he has an abscess (which I already knew) and he needs to look at it. I'm taking him to the pediatrician; he'll look at it for free. I just hope that the pediatric dentist can take him in sooner to get this whole thing fixed. It's been going on too long as our original appointment to have his teeth cleaned and get referred was July 9th! So we go see the pediatrician at 4pm.
I've volunteered myself to make the cake for Stirling's preschool teacher's baby shower next weekend. I just need to know for how many people and I'll get at her.
School starts on the 2nd for Stirling, we've already got his school supplies, got them all on Monday, and managed to spend less than what the school was offering it for. Admittedly, I spent more money on other cute things he didn't need, and some crayola supplies for our art items, they are always cheapest this time of year. He will only be going for one half day the first week; why I'm not sure. The staff say its so the children aren't overwhelmed with so many kids around them. I'm sure he'll do fine.
I signed Madison up for Parent Tot swim lessons, it won't begin until October and runs every Sunday until mid December.
I've been busy with getting window quotes and trying to find a bed for Stirling; we've got his mattress already lined up. Madison is already sleeping without the crib rail and just a bed rail; she's been dressing herself in the mornings too. It's died down now, which is good, less clothes for me to pick up. I think she is trying to change her own diapers too, except I have them in her top drawer in her dresser, where she can't reach. Could explain the damp spot on the carpet a couple days ago.
David finally got some time off work. We went for coffee earlier this week; an impromptu mid afternoon date. I'm so glad our babysitter is back from her summer holidays, she great for short notice. We plan to go the Keg tonight for supper; I splurged and got another gift certificate with my airmiles. We plan to replace the couch in the living room on the main floor as our anniversary gift to each other. David doesn't know about the cake yet, so I am excited about that. D goes back to work next Thursday.
Mom was by for a visit this week which was nice. She was in Calgary last weekend for some walks - she is now the President of the walking club across Canada I think it is now. Richard is back at work and seems to be doing well. The spot on his kidney that they removed was cancerous but he should be fine.
Madison's nap schedule has been all over the place lately, so we've been trying to get running around done when we can. I've been on the phone a lot these past couple weeks with so many different issues, I'll be glad when it dies down. I've been trying to get ink cartridges for our Brother printer for months, finally getting it out of Staples that it's not that the cartridge is out of stock but has been discontinued as the website states. Through a couple different websites I finally tracked down some; thank you for PayPal! I hope they will be here by the 20th and I can resume printing out my own coupons instead of forwarding them to D at work to print for me.
We've had some great weekends. D and Stirling slept in the tent in the backyard last Saturday and they plan to got to Elk Island for the night tomorrow. Madison and I were to join them last time but Maddie was attimate about sleeping in the house in her own bed...maybe camping for the rest of us next year. We still want to get back to Jasper before the snow flies a few times. We also want to go on a canoe trip but where we will fit it in before it gets to cold, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment