June 26, 2009

Well, hmmm, you never know what to say when a person dies.

Michael Jackson had a heart attack yesterday. He was truly the King of Pop in his time. Once upon a time I remember a little girl of 6 or 7 who was going to grow up and marry him one day. A poster of him hung on her wall, collector's cards and she even had a "barbie" type doll of him in one of his famous get-ups of the 80's; and every album he ever made. But what happened to him and the choices he made as he got older were poor ones at times. If things were like they were 20 years ago I am pretty sure I would be more shaken by the loss. I think I might put his cds in the player and have my own little silent memorial and a drink to the Michael that was. He was such a diverse and talented person in musical performances. The movie-esque music videos and even a movie were so aww inspiring. Too Michael!

And another sad note; Farrah Fawcett has finally succumbed to her cancer. What a terrible way to spend your last days of your life. Having experienced this on a very similar level many years ago, I can only feel, no words can express, what these families are suffering. May they remember the happy times and all these people truly meant to us at some point in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment