Since Madison's birthday we have been in the land of reprocutions from vaccines, the flu, colds and molar teething for over month now. I can't remember the last time I slept in.....four years and counting....Maddie has decided that 5ish is the time to get up in the morning; ikes; am I tired. Her temperament has been a little, shall we say, off the wall, as of late. She only just started to get back to her regular self about a week ago.
Stirling is enjoying preschool, and I have six duty days this month. Have just finished two fundraisers and had a cleaning day and duty days last month. He's getting anxious about his birthday as he will be having some of his classmates attending. I just finished the invitations yesterday and already have to modify them as I don't think they will arrive the mail before my RSVP date, ack. I made them from scratch; my artistic abilities when it comes to stamping need improving but that will come in time.
Halloween was great; took both kids out; Stirling wore his "monster" costume from last year, of his own choice and Madison wore the vampire costume that Stirling wore for his first Halloween. I girled it up with a baret in her hair.
I had my mom and her husband over for a birthday dinner and made her a lovely cake. I've been trying to perfect my cake decorating skills and I think I made my mom's day with the effort I put into it, she sounded very pleased. I can't believe how quickly the years are going by.
It's been really trying for nap times lately too; I've had to resort to letting Madison cry to get her to sleep in the morning; she's not sleeping enough at night and needs it; obvious signs of eye rubbing and general crankiness occur, but I try to put her down and she doesn't want to have her bottle or soother and just wants back out. I don't want to frustrate myself with it anymore so I have decided to let her cry :o( She usually takes five or ten minutes and she nods off, I don't like doing it but I can't see any other solution at this time.
I still have a few more crafty things to work on before Stirling's birthday in less than two weeks, I plan to do a Wilton Train cake, and hope it will go well. No trial this time that would just take too much time, and my hand would be so cramped by the end of that I don't know what I would do.

No comments:
Post a Comment