Well, Maddie is heading into her ninth month already and I am really anxious to find out her latest weight and height. I just haven't found the time to get to the clinic yet to find out. I know she's already grown out of her car seat for sitting rear facing, but I want to make sure before I change it to a front facing one. Unfortunately, Stirling is no where near forty pounds so we can put him into a booster-only seat; his current seat goes up to 80 lbs. but goes as low as 10 I think. I have to find the manual.
It's official - Stirling will be starting preschool in September at the Southwood Coorperative Playschool. It's right in our community league's building which is attached to Daly Grove Elementary, so it is very convenient. He will be going three days a week in the afternoons, which will be great for Maddie's afternoon naps; Stirling doesn't nap very often anymore and has a habit of waking Madison up frequently. Currently with our financial situation we are unsure if he will be staying in daycare in the fall as well. If I end up staying home, he will too, but if I work he'll be in it with Madison five days a week outside of preschool. I love the idea of having lunch and putting Madison in the stroller to walk Stirling to school - it works out perfectly with Madison's sleep schedule, so far.
On another con to day care is (not to sound racist or insult anyone in any shape or form) the only white, English-speaking person that my son appreciated is leaving to set up her own day home. She has, however, asked if we would like her to continue to watch him. I have a million questions as she only plans to care for five children; what about Madison if I do plan to return to work? She doesn't want subsidized families and we always pay in cash. Anyhow.
My mom has been in the Maritimes for almost three weeks now on holidays and is due back next Tuesday. She called Monday evening as we were heading out the door to take to kids to the park before supper. We didn't get to a talk much; I think she mentioned that the weather had been nice up until the arrived in St. Johns. I think the weather on Global said it will be 6 as a high today there. Yuck! Susan called on Wednesday but we weren't able to get her call; we got a message saying they were having a good time and sending out a care package in the mail.
I had my ultrasound Tuesday and lets just say it was interesting; I had an EV done as well - let's just say it was more intimate than I was willing to get on my first "date" with the technician. Ha Ha Ha As far as I know they were just checking out the fibroid I already know I have, and have had since I was pregnant with Stirling. My doctor should be getting the results back today; I'm sure they will show that yes, indeed, I do have a fibroid.
Strange things our kids do.....(I didn't do this one nor do I know anyone who has):
A few weeks ago, I was changing Madison's diaper when I noticed Stirling was awfully quiet. I came down to see him with his pants down standing in the yard. I thought he was having a pee and asked him to come in immediately to explain, once again, what a toilet is for; that we only pee outside when we are out in the bushes camping and there is no toilet. Turns out he was having a poop! He wanted to poop outside like Kayley (our dog); oh my god - roll over funny and very gross all at the same time. So shuffling him with his pants and underwear around his ankles for a bum wipe (thinking the poop was in the yard) I took him to the bathroom. I did not know that he didn't squat enough and most of his little friends were in his underwear! I left a little poo trail; good thing he was a little dehydrated or it could have been much more unpleasant. Since then on occasion we have discovered him out in the yard having a pee because Kayely does it! Argh! What do I do? Score one for not peeing or pooping in is underwear, but minus one for it being in an inappropriate place. At the same time he's been pretty much toilet trained since February.
June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

(snort!)
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to potty training and the accidents and incidents that accompany it!
Hope Stirling doesn't leave any more 'surprises' for you!