In the past couple of weeks I have finally been able to catch up on things that I meant to have done in the first week of January. The Christmas money that we still had sure came in handy. I spent most of it on books for the kids, luckily they still had some leftover as Madison suddenly grew out of a good chunk of her clothes, and Stirling managed to blow through two pairs of jeans in a matter of a week it seemed.
Stirling is becoming the busy little socialite. His second birthday party of the year was this past weekend. He also has plans to go to play at a classmates home today after school, very exciting. He's been very busy preparing for Valentine's day. Since he knew it was coming up he started to craft his own holiday cards and gifts for some of his friends at school. The teacher's aid was very touched by the homemade card he gave her, and was even more so when we brought in the actual things for the kids. They also are planning a fancy fruit salad so I have to provide a piece of fruit; I also plan to bake cookies for Friday too.
His class is celebrating their 100th day of school next week, and had been asked to provide 100 of something in a baggie for this day. We counted by 10s, 100 Rice Krispies; needless to say it is a very minuscule amount in a sandwich bag. Not even a few tablespoons worth! This and the items provided by the other children will show the differences in size and weight; comparing these will be fun for them.
Last week I prepared for a Valentine's cookie demo that I taught on Saturday; it was a lot of fun and the two hours went by quickly. I would however like to thank (not really) the staff member who helped "tidy up" - why would you stack cookies with icing on top of one another?? I had a mess when I got home; so much for taking pictures to post on my other blog :o( I have a good idea now what I will do for Friday; but I think I will have to bake them today so they are iced and ready to go for Friday. Sunday was Stirling's party in the westend and that was a good time; he was upset at not being able to play with the toys after the presents were opened. He spent the better part of three days trying to convince me that Matthias wasn't old enough for the Play-doh kit that we bought him and that he should have it instead; lol. Why is it, you go to buy a gift for a kid, and he thinks he should get one too??
I finally went to get my test results at the doctor's back from when I had blood work done at the end of November. Just before Christmas holidays I had found a chance, but the clinic I go to was out a doctor, and Stirling's pediatrician appointment was the same morning too. The wait was over an hour so I had to leave or Stirling would be late for his appointment. Finally yesterday I found time to go; it's also best to go first thing to avoid the crowds. The doctor said I have low iron; which as I thought about it further made sense, as I have been feeling run down, but not attributing it to anything but just being plain old tired. I have been put on supplements for the next three months to see what happens. I still don't know why my heart is doing weird things, but once in a while I'm noticing it not bothering me. That said, it was bothering me this morning. The doctor also recommended a different dose of BCPs as I have been spotting a week and a half before my period since Madison was born. I hope it works, as the first pills I was put on after I had her made me feel like I was going through menopause! I feel like my hotflashes and night sweats have only dissipated in the last few months. Well we'll see how these changes affect my health. If there isn't enough oxygen in my red blood cells, would that cause my heart to do this arrhythmia thing; you know making it work harder?
David is getting better by the day. We found out last week more gory details of what was involved with his surgery. They scraped the inside of his chest cavity and stapled his lung to the inside so it won't collapse again. AHHH EWWWW I feel faint :o( :oP The surgeon also pushed a stitch that was hanging out of one of his five inscisions back inside him! BLECH! They basically stapled and stitched him internally and crazy glued him back together on the outside. His incisions are healing well considering where they changed his first chest tube for a much larger one was about two inches long :o( Thank goodness that came out this time before he came home. The surgeon said it will be at least another 4 weeks of recovery time, and my mom said it took Richard 6 months to feel like himself again. His body has a lot of repairing to do with his muscles et al. I'm just glad he's being able to start enjoying the kids again, although he still gets quite soar at times. The job search for him is still going, but he's also got contacts out there with their eyes peeled and there ears to the ground for him, which is very much appreciated.
I was day dreaming on a Scottish realty site at homes; it all started with a job posting in Dublin Ireland and I really got into the whole idea. I found our £6,000,000 castle off the loch in Scotland, LOL! One had over 9000 acres of land, it was beautiful! Anyhow, enough daydreaming for me. Speaking of dreaming; I was using Google Earth to try to look at houses that didn't have pics :oP, and ended up looking out my old town I lived in in Germany. Now there were flashbacks I never thought I would experience again, but another story for another time.
A must see - Julie and Julia - I plan to read the real project; I've already put it in my favorites folder :oP I plan to read the original books that the movie was based on too, not obsessed but intrigued.
February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment