It was David and I's six year anniversary on the 14th, but D was stuck on a business trip in Calgary/Winnipeg for the week. We went out to celebrate last night. Wow two years in a row and the weather has been absolutely beautiful (our wedding day it almost snowed). Technically we've been together for nine years; at the same time, I can't believe it has been this long. Flies by when you are having fun....or too busy to notice some days, lol. Ahhhh, I got to enjoy some wine with my dinner this year. We had reservations for a Thai restaurant down in the river valley by Connor's hill. We get there and we drove around the block twenty times to finally call them to find out they have to moved to Whitemud Crossing! So much for 6:30 dinner; we drove around for a while; I'm not familiar with the eateries around the city anymore, especially downtown. We weren't quite dressed up enough for the Hotel McDonald so I suggested The Sutton Place Hotel; they have a lounge and there is a pub in the same building that we could use as a backup. Well, the lounge has couches and winged back chairs with end and coffee tables to enjoy your beverage or tiny "tapas" style buffet, that fit into one little buffet warmer or the menu. Ummm, a little hard to cut a steak with a plate that is at your knees in a dress....so we decide to check out the restaurant upstairs. Hmmmm, recollections of bad chicken at a trade show in March that I attended as D's guest. We decided not to eat there either. The pub downstairs turned out to be closed for a private function so that eliminated our backup. We headed down 104 Street to see what was there.
Wow, I didn't realize how much north of 104 street was developed. Some of it is quite nice and very well landscaped. Minus some weirdos; not a bad place I'm sure. We ended up at the Sawmill; which in the end was almost fitting; we had our wedding and reception at the Moosefactory on Calgary Trail (which is owned my Tom Goodchild as well). However, they offered us a salad bar that reminded both of us of Bonanza; everything funky smelling and the good old jello. We did decline. Our dinner was really good (my steak was a little undercooked, but I was full, so I didn't care) and we walked over to the Starbucks for coffee afterwards and then strolled back to the truck. David decided to take us for a stroll on Victoria Trail which was nice; a few new lofts going up along the edge of the hill and what a view. It was a beautiful night. I wasn't exactly wearing shoes for walking, but I braved it and hoofed it back barefooted, and quite enjoyed the quite and relaxed atmosphere.
Free Printable Delivery Driver Thank You Tag
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment